The LuLac Edition #795, Apr. 26th, 2009
PHOTO INDEX: SCALES OF JUSTICE.
FORUM SET TODAY
The LuLac Political Letter Judicial Forum is set for this afternoon at 2PM at Gus Genetti's in Wilkes Barre. Location: Princess Ballroom. The weather is beautiful today so I don't know how that will affact the turnout. But it will be an opportunity to hear what the 17 candidates have to say who are vying for 2 seats on the Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas. Here are the rules for this afternoon's forum:
1. Each candidate will be given 5 minutes to tell the people what their background and qualifications are for a seat on Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas. Candidates will be seated at the head table alphabetically.
2. By lottery, we’ll decide which candidate will speak first. Each speaker will follow by lottery in ascending order. All candidates will then give their presentations.
3. After all the candidates have presented their views, questions will be taken from the audience. Because of time constraints, each audience member will be limited to one question. The audience member will ask the question instead of writing it out, face to face citizen participation is preferred. An answer to a particular question by a candidate will be limited to two minutes.
4. All candidates and audience members shall show respect for the diversity of opinions and the manner in which each candidate, incumbent or otherwise is presenting.
5. There will no closing statements.