Saturday, April 18, 2009

The LuLac Edition #787, Apr. 18th, 2009


PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED LOGO.


MAYBE I'M AMAZED..............

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….That people like Rush Limbaugh are screaming bloody murder about the order to eliminate the pirates who were holding a gun to an American ship’s captain last week. I trust if it was George Bush giving the order. There’d be a ticker tape parade but because it was President Obama, they are finding fault. What is even more amazing is that these right wing Republicans are now complaining about the limitations and constrictions on American freedom because of The Patriot Act. It wasn’t the Obama administration that put together these rules and regulations.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..That someone in a public position, making over $100,000 has to steal in order to make ends meet. The recent alleged disclosure about the Superintendent at Pittston Area High School would almost be funny if it wasn’t so sad.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….That WILK Talk Show host Sue Henry got the brush off from a Pittston Area School District employee and then got chastised for not referring to the big boss man as Doctor. Sue, as always gave the person at the school the benefit of the doubt saying that since the good Doctor worked so hard to get his Doctorate, that it commanded respect. True but let us not forget that those educators earning those degrees do so as part of their union contract and shell out no money themselves. After earning the degree, they are paid more with the same taxpayer dollars that funded their additional education in the first place.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….That the Democrats have only one candidate running for Luzerne County Controller. Wasn’t there supposed to be a primary?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………….That some consultants who are “moms” bring their kids to meetings where business is conducted between said consultant and vendor? I have no problem with volunteer board members of non profits doing that but if you’re paying a good buck for some project, you don’t need a child as a distraction in a meeting. I am not anti kid, or anti mom or anti parent, but it seems to me this is why daycare was invented.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..That I saw some empty seats at PNC Park on Opening Night for the Scranton/Wilkes Barre Yankees Friday night. The guys won the International League Championship last year. Is the bloom off the rose? Or is $14.00 bucks just too pricey for a minor league game in this economy?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..At how great my good friend Dr. Joe Leonardi looks after doing a total body overhaul. He did it with no surgery, pills or starving. Check this out from YOU TUBE.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..That there is only one Noon News on TV anymore in LuLac land. A friend told me we are fast becoming like Russia was in the 50s where there was only one broadcast entity for news. We’re getting there my friends.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….That WARM Radio is gone. Dead. Te difference between my parent‘s generation and mine is that the institutions they held dear were pretty much there at the end of their lives. Not going to happen for my age group.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……That a mother in Nanticoke would pick carting a friend home from a bar over caring for their five year old child. Maybe I’m amazed that people call me a sexist barbarian when I suggest that maybe people like this should be sterilized on a mandatory basis.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..That a fill in talk show host on WILK would do a five minute riff on Pittsburgh newspaperman Brad Bumstead’s name and not bother to explain in depth what it was he wrote.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….That spring is finally here and the temperature has cracked 68 degrees. From You Tube: Gary Lewis.

4 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap mr. lulac, i just googled you friend dr. joe and checked out is web site http://fatthenfitnow.com/ simpley amazing......

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,
It is glaringly apparent that you do not listen to Limbaugh with any regularity. To make such a comments indicates that you have fallen into the bloggers abyss of partial understanding and lemming conclusion.

Manny times Rush is spot on and while we may disagree with his philosophy he is consistent.

Yeah, I went to a tea party and met quite a few people from both parties. It was good to see that I'm not the only one pissed.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm the one who's 'AMAZED' ... I am a teacher at Pittston Area ... while working for the district I PERSONALLY spent $40,000 to attend graduate school to further my education. This allowed me to get the additional pay that you speak of. So either your 'facts' are waaaay off , or I missed the gravy train and the district owes me $40,000. I'll stick with the former, not the latter.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Joe Leonardi said...

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the mention. So far the body re-modeling business is doing well. We are signing up new people every day and I look forward to leading many of them to a healthier happy lifestyle that I am now enjoying.

I am going to start up dating my blog www.FatThenFitNow.wordpress.com at least weekly and for more information people can check my web site www.FatThenFitNow.com. I have the one video up there and will be adding more shortly. And there is also column regarding building muscle and being athletic on a low carb regime. I invite everyone to check it out.

Again thanks

Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home