Saturday, November 28, 2009

The LuLac Edition #1022, Nov. 28th, 2009

PHOTO INDEX: OUR INTERVIEW LOGO.

INTERVIEW

With Black Friday over, I had the opportunity to talk to a sales associate that worked the day.
Q: Are you tired?

A: Not body wise but mentally yes. A lot of pressure because people want their bargains. They take it personally if they don’t get them.
Q: Is this a good job for you?
A: Not at this time of the year. People are rude and demanding but it’s part f the territory.
Q: What are your future plans for a career?
A: Definitely not retail.
Q: What do you see more of, big attitudes or small acts of kindness?
A: Attitude. Especially on Black Friday.
Q: Are people inherently greedy?
A: I don’t see it as greed, I see it as they don’t want anyone else having a leg up on them socially or from an economic status.
Q: When do you shop?
A: I generally have that wrapped up by the second or third week of December. I use my employee discount but I order online a lot.
Q: So is Christmas a good time for you?
A: Nah but I need the money for school. I like the actual holiday where you get to spend it with your family. But even that’s not a sure thing now because all people want to do is shop. Like I left a family reunion to go to sleep to get into work by 3AM. I had no choice but some people think a $200 laptop trumps time with the family.
Q: Think you might try to get a different job next Christmas?
A: Maybe. I can cook so maybe I can get a gig at Denny’s.
Q: Did you know at the Waffle House people can see you cooking their stuff?
A: Cool. How can I get there?
Q: I know the guy who owns them.
A: Can you hook me up? Like by next weekend?
Q: I’ll try.
A: Please do.


1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pal the Blonde Bomber wrote an interseting comment on his seldom used blog

http://joeleonardi.wordpress.com/2009/11/29/tiger-woods/

you two should get a business or something togehter to advise local politicians. you both seem very tied into how politics work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home