PHOTO INDEX: PRESIDENT BUSH BEING TOLD ABOUT 911 ON THAT FATEFUL SEPTEMBER DAY IN '01, POPE JOHN PAUL II IN REPOSE AND THE ELECTORAL MAP OF ELECTION YEAR 2000.
THE DECADE'S TOP 10
The top ten news stories of the decade were:
2. The Election of President Obama.
3. The war in Iraq.
4. The War in Afghanistan.
5. The confused 2000 election.
6. Death of John Paul II; selection of Pope Benedict.
7. Hurricane Katrina.
8. Mapping of the human genome.
9. The rise of Google and new media including Gort 42, LuLac and Wilkes Barre On Line.
10. The ascension of China.