Friday, August 27, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1279, Aug. 27th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: MAYBE I'M AMAZED LOGO.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed……that all of a sudden I’m getting e mail press releases from Commissioner Mary Anne Petrilla. Hey, I’m appreciative and use some of them but it looks like the Commissioner is making plans for a run in 2011. She can run with someone or run alone. Her name recognition is high and she has a good TV presence.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that Glenn Beck’s schedulers did not realize that his march in Washington, D.C. falls on the same day Dr. Martin Luther King Junior had his march on Washington for Civil Rights. Proves my theory that many people under 45 think history began on the day they were born.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..at how the Barletta campaign seemingly fumbled the Kanjorski announcement of possible new jobs in the 11th Congressional District. Barletta has to resist the temptation to get lumped with the national party of no.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that Bill Goldsworthy got a page 1 story out of getting entertainer Lee Strubeck to the polls because he (Strubeck) would be out of town working on cruises. Either a slow news day or a very good PR coup for the West Pittston Mayor.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that the baseball season is entering into its final days at PNC Field. Even with the rate increases, the Yankees are a pretty good entertainment bargain.

Maybe I’m Amazed….that there has been no movement in the race for Governor between Dan Onorato and Tom Corbett. The summer was dead as door nails for Pennsylvania politics. Look for the TV ad wars to begin to heat up after Labor Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home