Friday, August 20, 2010

The LuLac Editin #1272, Aug. 20th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.

MAYBE I'M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed……that the Obama Administration has gone from having a huge public mandate to bungling basic political issues that win elections. The Obama juggernaut annihilated the Clinton machine. The political team had a strategy that prided itself on execution and implementation. What has happened is mystifying to me.
Maybe I’m Amazed……at the outpouring of support for Greg Skrepenak even after his two year sentence. The Citizen Voice last week did one of those man in the street polls and every last person interviewed said Skrep got too much time.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that Senate Democrats are running away in droves from the Obama statement on The Mosque. I had thought that this President might have instilled some loyalty but apparently not.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that Vince McMahon’s wife Linda has a shot at being the Senator from Connecticut. Whatever you might say about the former CEO of the World Wresting Federation, you have to conclude that she has more core beliefs and principles than Joe Lieberman.
Maybe I’m Amazed….that Wilkes Barre City Council continues to diddle on small issues like towing and letting job development go by the boards. What has any incumbent council person in the last four years said about developing an economic plan to bring more jobs into the city.
Maybe I’m Amazed….that former Lackawanna County Commissioner Bob Cordaro and current Commissioner A.J. Munchak have not tried to sever court ties before now.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that Tom Marino is ahead of Chris Carney in the race for Congress in the 10th Congressional District. Marino has run a lackluster campaign that hasn’t generated any traction at all. If the poll is a true indication of mindless anti incumbent fever, than the Dems are in for a world of hurt come November.

4 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Munchak is being strongly encouraged to flip on Cordaro. At least thats my bet. It is about time they asked for the split. Commissioner Munchak, if guilty, is a lot less guilty than his co defendant. Cordaro has a high priced show piece lawyer from out of town. Munchaks got a guy from Taylor. If he is guilty, he should take a deal.
I am enraged that the Highland Ass Criminals are geting off as well as others for their testimony!
If you paid to play you belong out of the game permanently!

Waverly Bob

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could just see the conversation:
AJ: Duh Bobby dis doesn't seem legit or legal or within da law.
Bob: AJ don't worry. I'm an attorney. I have a law degree from an Ivy League University.
AJ: Jesh Bobby; I dunno. Are you sure dis is on da up and up.
Bob: Don't worry. I got it covered. It is legal, but if there are any questions I am going to spin it. I'm a radio guy. I will go on WILK like that guy from mansions and estates and that financial advisor. If I'm on a news station it will give me legitimacy.
AJ: I'm sure you're right Bobby. I listen to dos shows on da weekends and dey sure sound on the up and up. WILK would never put anyone on da air if dey weren't good peoples.
Bobby: So don't worry about it.
AJ: Okay dokey. cheweatyet? It has been almost an hour since I had any food...

The above conversation never happened. It is satire based on the characters that Bob and AJ played in public.

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Munchak wasnt dumb until he hooked up with Cordaro. The writer is right though, Bob always thought he was smarter than everybody and Munchak must of bought into that.
Too bad if a name that should be remembered for the areas greatest athlete gets muddied at all! Too bad AJ met up with Bob. I wonder how the relationship is holding up?

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous The Much Maligned Anonymous Poster said...

Marino is ahead for one reason. The health care bill. Chris Carney will be former congressman carney because of this vote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home