Saturday, January 22, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1445, Jan. 22nd, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: OUR "INTERVIEW" LOGO.

INTERVIEW

This week’s interview subject is someone who hopefully will be a new reader. I chatted with him at the Conspiracy Trial of the former police officers of Shenandoah at the Federal Courthouse in Wilkes Barre. I was subbing for a member of the WYLN TV staff.
Q: You act as if you’re here every day. What media outlet are you from?
A: Oh I’m not from the media. I’m just following this trial. Been here for the whole thing.
Q: Where are you from?
A: Easton.
Q: Easton, you mean you drove up here in this crappy cold weather to see this?
A: Wouldn’t miss it. There’s a lot of stuff going on here. The feds have charged three people in the case and I’m interested to see how the defense plays this out.
Q: What do you do?
A: I had a small toy company, sold that but now I have a little construction business.
Q: Good for you. You seem like an informed citizen. I see you have the Times.
A: Heck of an article in there today about Israel and Lebanon. Editor’s Note: We then get into a discussion on the Mideast and the power of Hezbollah.
Q:You come up to view these trials, I see you have a notepad, what do you do with your files?
A: Oh I make notations and letters to my grandchildren so that they can get an appreciation for how justice operates in this country.
Q: Well this concerns Schuylkill County but in Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties we’re going to have a few banner trials.
A: Oh yeah, Ciavarella, that case was something else.
Q: You mean you’re going to drive up from Easton every day to see that thing?
A: Wouldn’t you? That trial is going to be something to see.
Q: You can’t make any of this stuff up, right?
A: You are correct.

Q: Are there any interesting trials down your way?
A: Not as good as these!


1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a retired Lackawanna County resident, I plan to attend some of the Cordaro and Munchak trials
unless of course Munchak turns informant on BC in which case I will attend only the Cordaro trial if there ever is one! This should be great theatre as AJ claims Bob made him do it and Bob claims he did it all for the good of the county. I am looking forward to hearing Chuckie the enforcer squeal
like a pig. I predict Bobby the C is going to the slammer and its just a matter of how old he will be if and when he ever gets out. The arrogance of believing you are so much smarter than everyone else
was Bobs undoing and AJ should have known better at his age than to hang out with the kind of people he warned his kids about.
Bad as these two are they cannot compare with the judges who still run free in your county.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home