Friday, January 28, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1452, Jan. 28th, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed…….that somehow the Kardashians have a career. Their claim to fame was that their father was on O.J.’s defense team. The other day I heard they had an episode about one of them having a rash from shaving. Maybe I’m Amazed I know this and that people even care.
Maybe I’m Amazed ………that there are at least 5 TV Judges on TV in addition to Judge Judy. Maybe the people thinking about running for Judge in Luzerne County should get an agent or go that route. It would sure beat competing in a crowded primary.
Maybe I’m Amazed……..that after my Packers won the NFC Championship Game, all people wanted to talk about on Sports Radio Sunday night was Jay Cutler’s knee.
Maybe I’m Amazed……..that we seem to be missing huge snow storms. Please let that continue.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that the more I see of those Soprano reruns, the less charming I find Tony Soprano and his insufferable family.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that the 2012 Republican nomination seems wide open next year. You might see someone, ala Obama we are not even thinking about. Although right around this time last year, the Professor In Chief and Senator Hillary Clinton were hot on the campaign trail.
Maybe I’m Amazed……..that there is so much rancor in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Leave it to the Commonwealth to get things ass backwards. While the rest of the country is talking about holding hands during the State of the Union and parlaying bi partisanship into a reality, our guys are going at it tooth and nail screaming and cursing and ready to deck each other. I for one find it overdue. Let the Democrats go after the Republicans. The reason our state is in such bad shape is because we’ve had years of deal making with one party or the other having its hand out while the other one gets its legislation through. Duke it out boys. It’s about time you started fighting for uh the people you represent.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that after 17 seasons the Tennessee Titans got rid of the only coach they’ve ever had, Jeff Fisher. Andy Reid is now tops in seniority in the NFL.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that it is 44 years since the deaths of Apollo Astronauts Gus Grissom, Ed White and Roger Chaffee and 25 years since that terrible Challenger accident. In both instances we became so good at space exploration that when an accident happened, it was a shock.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that in the trial of the three Shenandoah Police officers, Patrolman Jason Hayes was acquitted on all charges. Hayes’ relationship with the mother of one of those charged with the beating was a big bone of contention. The Police Chief’s actions to me at least seemed to be innocuous at best and Lt. Bill Moyer’s acquittal on four charges but on the one where he was lying to the FBI was a surprise since, again to me, his statements to the FBI seemed to have nothing to do with the Ramirez beating death.

6 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have long believed the most evil
character on the Sopranos was Tony's wife! The program slides into a boring pattern of eating, hugging and moronic behavior on the part of all and in the end the last episode really sucks! This was truly the gang that couldnt shoot straight. Got to credit Gandolfinis acting, though. He had a lot of screen time and carried the whole thing.
Regarding the Kardahians, never seen it or them on TV. Like Sarah Palin they are unavoidable in media. I guess they talked Bruce Jenner into the bad facelift. I'm surprised you even mentioned them, but their fame is really amazing aint it? I figure its the extension of the Gabor Sisters.

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"that we seem to be missing huge snow storms. Please let that continue."

sssssshhhhhhhhhhhh maybe I'm amazed you just jinxed us! LOL

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two things about the Shenandoah case, first off I saw your report on Friday on 35 News and it was good. Second, who was the lady who was pushing the cameras away last night on TV 28?

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all due respect David make it 6 judges on TV.
Lackawanna County President Judge and "Law and You" original Tom Munley shares the mic with me on ECTV (Scranton's Public Access Station on Comcast Ch 19/21)!
You can catch us on "ECTV Live" each day an Noon and Midnight.
We highlight events,organizations, and indviduals that seek to improve the quality of life in our area!
David DeCosmo

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
With all due respect David make it 6 judges on TV
THANKS DAVE. 6 JUDGES ON TV SHOULD CERTAINLY BE ENOUGH TO ACCOMODATE THE NEEDS OF "JOE SIX PACK". GLAD YOU'RE TALKING TO A REAL JUDGE WITH A REAL LIVE DEGREE. DULY NOTED.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Two things about the Shenandoah case, first off I saw your report on Friday on 35 News and it was good.
THANK YOU. I FORGOT HOW TIME CONSUMING SITTING IN ON A TRIAL COULD BE.
Second, who was the lady who was pushing the cameras away last night on TV 28?
THAT WOULD BE THE FIANCEE OF MATTHEW NESTOR. SHE WAS AT THE TRIAL EVERYDAY, SITTING IN THE SAME END SEAT. I THINK SHE WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE LAST HALF OF THAT VERDICT AND HER FRUSTRATION AND FATIGUE GOT THE BETTER OF HER.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home