Friday, April 01, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1530, April 1st, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: MAYBE I'M AMAZED LOGO.

MAYBE I'M AMAZED


Maybe I’m Amazed…….
that it is now April 1st and we haven’t gotten near 70 degrees yet.
Maybe I’m Amazed……
that the bath salt controversy is coming out and people are actually defending the Constitutional right to purchase it because it’s not illegal. Seems to me the Constitution says, “To protect and defend”.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..
that Bob Cordaro tells the press that he thinks the Federal prosecutors in this case are utilizing the media to go after him and A.J. Munchak. Does he think the feds are going to go easy on him because he’s a swell guy? Ask Ray Musto who was charged the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. You think that was an accident?
Maybe I’m Amazed……
that they let Bob Kulick out of jail early with time served. Officials said that Kulick did very well in his alcoholic rehab in jail and that he was working hard at becoming a better person. Well how is this different than Michael Toole’s efforts to get himself sober? Maybe I’m Amazed……every time PCN’s “Journalist’s Roundtable” come up to Northeastern Pennsylvania they solely utilize the Scranton Times and its reporters. (By the way they are very good on the show!) But what did the Times Leader ever do to annoy PCN? There are other newspapers and dare I say even bloggers.
Maybe I’m Amazed……
that it is the first anniversary of the Webster experience on WILK AM and FM Radio coming up this week. Time flies. Maybe I’m Amazed……that it took this long for Renita Fennick to start explaining what her boss Congressman Marino meant.
Maybe I’m Amazed……
that Danny Murtaugh of the Pittsburgh Pirates and Ralph Houk of the New York Yankees are not in the baseball Hall of Fame. Houk won 2 World Series in a row and three American League pennants. Murtaugh won two pennants 11 years apart with two distinctly different teams. Meanwhile Earl Weaver is in the Hall with one series win and Whitey Herzog is in with one. So if that’s the criteria, why not Billy Martin who won one?

7 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think keep bath salts legal and tax the living hell out of them.
Crack cocaine is illegal people still use it.
Heroin is illegal; people still use it.
Marijuana is illegal; people (including your man crush KL) still use it.
If history is any indication once it is banned people will become more desperate to use it. The illegal activities will increase and worse violent crime will rise surrounding it.
Yes there has been a handful of violence associated with its use, but wait until the violence comes around with the delivery and distribution.
Make punishment for any crime committed while under its influence harsh; say a minimum of 10 years.
To repeat the failed policies of banning a drug will NOT magically result in the drugs usage; it will only create more criminal activity and more harm.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger This Just In said...

Dave I didn't know that about Houk and Murtaugh. I'm amazed too. You're right, both should be in the HOF.

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no idea how the Constitution works. Eve hear of the due process clause, which means we aren't subject to non-existent laws? Maybe you should be amazed by that.

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Fennick just couldn't understand how her Marino's comments could be interpreted that way. And isn't it their fellow Republicans who are complaini9ng that the President should've "hand an end game--which is what they mean when they say he should've committed ground troops?

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm amazed that Bob Kulick has led an entire life on the wrong side of the law and is treated like an angel while Michael Toole led a good life but made a bad mistake while under the influence and he is burried.

Maybe I'm amazed that you don't understand that the Times Leader is a scab newspaper and the curent owner/plublisher is the man who said they would inflict a newspaper on Wyoming Valley. I guess I'm amazd at how soon we forget.

Maybe I'm amazed that Renita Fennick would even try to explain her boss Congressman Marino's ignorance of geography and I'm really amazed that you, my hero, allowed her to treat we the people like a heard of goats thinking we could be told such as BS story.

Maybe I will be amazed if my hero does not admit that he dropped the ball on all of the amazing points.

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renita is good for press releases. Marino needs someone in his communications wing who knows how to deal with adversity.

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Billy Martin DOES belong in the Hall of Fame. And I'm not even a Yankee fan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home