Friday, April 15, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1554, April 15th, 2011



MAYBE I'M AMAZED


Maybe I’m Amazed…….
that a great deal of young middle class people closing in on 40 are starting to see the light of the GOP policies of the last decade. The Republicans have always been for big business but not at the expense of hurting the middle class. Companies and corporations pay almost no taxes, their CEOs earn million of dollars in bonus money and young working families get the tax bill.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….
that Barry Bonds’ trial ended in one count of obstruction of justice. Bonds‘ was never likable, was on the juice but did hit a lot of home runs. Next in the jury room, Roger Clemens who’s lawyer should be barred from ever advising or working for any client in the U.S. Why Clemens’ lawyers didn’t tell him to zip it is beyond my comprehension.
Maybe I’m Amazed……
that this week marked the 50th anniversary of the first man in space, Yuri Gagarin. A little known fact is that the U.S. was all set to launch a manned flight in late March of 1961 with Al Shepherd but held back because the brass at N.A.S.A. wanted to do one more test launch. It’s been noted that Shepherd was royally annoyed that he did not get the chance to be the first man in space.
Maybe I’m Amazed………
that “American Idol” keeps on rolling on with its fans.
Maybe I’m Amazed………
that in ancient Greece throwing an apple at a woman was considered a marriage proposal. Gives new meaning to the phrase, “How do you like them apples?”
Maybe I’m Amazed……..
at the chicanery and pettiness going on in the race for Luzerne County Council! The stuff I’m hearing is giving me pause about this whole Charter Yes deal. But I voted for it and I’ll take partial responsibility for it.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….
that people are going nuts over the fact that Joe Biden took a little snooze. He’s past 65, has heard it all before and was in a stuffy room. Best way to avoid nodding off in a meeting or classroom is carrying around those Listerine strips and popping one when you feel yourself dozing. And do not think about sex because then you’ll be in vertical dreamland before you know it.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….
that the reader who was always bitching about the fact that in my “13 Questions” feature about all caps failed to notice the change in this month’s feature.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….
that the turnout for Wilkes Barre Mayor Tom Leighton’s visit to the Parsons neighborhood was so big. And that it seemed like the people there seemed so annoyed. That might not bode well in the primary. But he will be formidable.
Maybe I’m Amazed……..
that Deputy Sheriffs Carl Zawatski and his daughter Heather had another mishap with a county vehicle. You remember that Zawatski and Heather ran into difficulties in the late 90s because of an auto mishap. So much for that the Sheriff’s office went to a Republican. (First time that happened since 1967). These two need to stop borrowing county cars and traveling together. That said, the reaction by Controller Walter Griffith was a bit too strong and public, although I do understand Griffith’s concerns about uniformity and liability.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….
that Scranton Council President Janet Evans is on disability but keeps on working very hard on Council. While her health should be kept private, the fact that Evans is a public servant and people are asking about her situation, well that should be addressed in some way.

3 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH I NOTICED!

THANK YOU!

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe i'm amazed that if i kicked, i wouldn't want heather or carl driving my hearse.

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY, NOW WE CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT YOUR CAPITALIZATION.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home