Sunday, September 25, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1773, September 25th, 2011



PHOTO INDEX: THE SCENE OF THE BLOGFEST FRIDAY NIGHT, ROONEY'S, BLOGFEST 2011 FALL LOGO.

BLOGFEST FALL 2011 RECAP

Blogfest Fall 2011 is in the book and once more there was a good turnout with some great political debates. I was late yesterday since I was at the Conahan sentencing for WYLN. I then had to do sound for my report and appear on Topic A at 5:30PM. My back and legs were all set to explode so I prevailed upon Mrs. LuLac to drive me to the event. I missed Lesa Gelb. Candidate for Luzerne County Common Pleas Judge and Rick Williams Independent candidate for Luzerne County Council. But I understood they wowed those in attendance.
Got an opportunity to speak at length to Bill Vinsko. I never realized how tall Attorney Vinsko is until I stood next to the guy. We had a long ranging talk about what is going on in D.C. and then let him go to talk to the people attending........It was good to see Charlie Hatcko, the Independent candidate for County Council., Charlie was talking about the odds being stacked against him as an Independent in the County Council race but I told him this race was wide open............ Former County Commissioner Edd Brominski was a welcome sight to see. Brominski is going for a seat on County Council and can bring years of experience to that position...I was totally thrilled to meet former Lackawanna County Commissioner candidate Liz Randol. Randol who came within a few votes of being on the fall ticket is taking her considerable talents and helping the candidacy of Kathleen Kane who is running for the Democratic nomination for State Attorney General…Randol was making the rounds with world traveler and blogger extraordinaire Tom Borthwick…..If you think there was only one representative who was pumping up a candidate the office of Attorney General, as ESPN’S Lee Curso would say, “not so fast my friend”. Attorney Patrick Murphy who is making a run for the office of Attorney General appeared at the event last night and was a spectacular hit. I met the attorney on the way out the door……… Joyce Gephardt Dombroski was also there last night. She was quite animated in her conversations with bloggers and voters……Harold Jenkins and Michelle Hryvnak Davies had a wonderful display put up for candidates to add to…….Gort 42 was there greeting his legion of fans as well as Joe Valenti of Pittston Politics.com……..Judicial candidate Mike Vough made an appearance with his wife Cindy. The Voughs, like Joe Valenti’s family are trying to sort out things on the home front after the flood of 2011 wrecked havoc on their respective homes……Valenti was agitated by my “Tax the Rich” button I was wearing. I got it from an attendee at the Conahan sentencing. I told Joe I just want everyone to pay their fair share and that includes people at the lowest levels of America as well as the highest……Political adviser Bob Caruso was on hand. He actually went to school with Mrs. LuLac so they were catching up…..Former Scranton Mayor Jim McNulty stopped by. Every time I pass the Radison, I am reminded of how McNulty had the foresight to get that project developed. It became the cornerstone for future Electric City economic development…. Young Democrats head Tom Shubilla was making the rounds. Tom is front and center on developing a farm team of future Democratic candidates in Luzerne County….Shawn Kelly from Representative Barletta’s office had a good discussion with my good friend “Duke from Dallas” who I understand has been banned from certain shows on WILK Radio. Jeez they take calls from this homophobe in Berwick and Kurt the anarchist from Scranton and ban Duke!!!!! C’mon!!!!!.......Blythe Evans III was there with his fiance Megan. Evans is running a very energetic grassroots campaign. He also is active in helping citizens recover from the flood of 2011……..There was a lot of gray matter when Democrat Casey Evans sat down with Young Republican head Alex Mannes. Mannes is spearheading the charge for GOP candidate Stephanie Salavantis who is running on the Republican side for District Attorney…..Libertarian candidate for Mayor Betsy Summers made the event. Summers’ card says she’s going to cut spending and taxes protect individual rights……John Lombardo from Jenkins Township made his way to the event with GOP nominee for Wilkes Barre Mayor Lisa Cope. Cope also had her campaign Treasurer Jim O’Meara at her side. O’Meara is mounting a campaign for Plains Township Commissioner. If anyone can keep an eye on that gambling money Jimmy can…..I spoke with County Council candidate Harry Haas briefly. He is as upbeat as always and running a strong effort. Rick Morelli, Michelle Bednar, Eileen Sorokas and Gina Nevenglosky were there but I missed them. I did get a chance to speak with Gina’s husband though…..Same with Judicial candidates Dick Hughes and Joe Sklarosky, they were there but I missed them because I was appearing on TV about another legal figure not able to attend the blogfest or much of anything anymore, Mike Conahan….and Judicial candidate Molly Hanlon Mirabito stopped by with her husband Michael. Hanlon Mirabito seems to be everywhere on the campaign trail. She handed me a magnet that had a tracking device (a “QR” code) on it that can access her web site from your IPhone. I am currently taking instructions from my Tech Person Mrs. LuLac in how to accomplish that….
I’m sure I missed a few people who were there before I arrived and many more after I left. So to those I apologize. But once more Blogfest proved to be a fun night for candidates, posters , bloggers and news people. Special thanks to Gort 42, Michelle Michelle Hryvnak Davies. Harold Jenkins, Joe Valenti and the staff at Rooney’s for hosting us again and making the event a success.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Dave Baloga said...

Nice job Dave! Sorry I missed the FEST!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home