Monday, October 03, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1782, October 3rd, 2011


Former Wilkes Barre Councilman J. Shelly Soltis. (Picture from Times Leader).

SHELLY SOLTIS

Former Wilkes Barre Councilman J. Shelly Soltis passed away the other day at the age of 84. One of the “Greatest Generation”, Soltis was a veteran of WWII and served in the Navy. Soltis was a constant in Wilkes Barre City politics in the late 70s and 80s. Known for his height as well as the ever present cowboy hat, Soltis cut quite a figure in the city. He was present at almost every Democratic party function and had a term on City Council having been elected in 1987. He served from ’88 to ’92. Our condolences to his family and friends.

WE’RE ON TWIITER

LuLac is finding its way on Twitter. We’re also on FaceBook. I’m pretty limited on Twitter (some will say that’s a good thing!) but once in a while when the spirit moves me, I’ll (and I never dreamed I’d say this,) tweet! Here’s the link:
http://twitter.com/#!/lulacpolletter.


MEDIA MATTERS

PCN CALL-IN PROGRAM

Tune in to the Pennsylvania Cable Network (PCN) for a discussion on the Marcellus Shale gas issue. On Monday, October 3, PCN will feature the topic during its LIVE PCN Call-In program.
Viewers will be able to share their comments and questions concerning the Marcellus Shale issue during the LIVE hour-long PCN Call-In program just by dialing toll-free at
1-877-PA6-5001. The program will begin at 7:00 p.m. The confirmed topic and guests are as follows:
Monday, October 3: PCN Call-In program - Marcellus Shale with featured guests Rep. Scott Hutchinson, Chair of the House Environmental Resources and Energy Committee and Rep. Steve Santarsiero (D) Bucks.
For more information about upcoming programming, visit www.pcntv.com

NOTE: COUNTY COUNCIL CANDIDATES

I have some information on advertising on WYLN TV 35 that might be interesting to you. There are many who are going to take advantage of the programming and very competitive advertising rates. But if you have not been contacted or want some information, shoot me an e mail through my FaceBook account. My main objective in doing this is to make sure every candidate was reached, I don’t want people coming up to me after the election and say, “ya didn’t tell me”.

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, One of the things I really like about your site is the respect you give to politicos that served. Too many times their obits are unnoticed by the present generation of writers who can't take us back to the era in which they served. You do and I think it's great. One thing about Shelly, he was a great wing man at those Democratic fundraisers. Got a lot of dates because of his intros.

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelly was a great guy. I bumped into him just a few months ago, and he was still as feisty as ever despite dealing with some health problems. Blessings to his family during this time of mourning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home