Friday, November 04, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1821, November 4th, 2011


Maybe I'm Amazed logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED


MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that just when you think there won’t be any more ways to attack and assail the character of Jackie Musto Carroll another one emerges. Let’s see we had the lady on the rocker, the guy in the factory, the basketball coach and some I forgot about. What’s next, 2 nuns who were liberated from Mars and live in a duplex in Nanticoke cooking up some meth? We get the point already. But Bob Harper is raking in the dough God bless him.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that this Justin Bieber guy is hit with a paternity suit and the trollop says she’s having his baby after only having sex for 30 seconds backstage. I know he’s 30 and all but his boys must swim faster than Mark Spitz in his prime. And c’mon even if its true, no guy wants to hear about his early arrival in these matters.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that we pay so much attention to this Kim Kardashian wedding and divorce to this basketball player. You see their wedding picture, they looked like Lurch and Wednesday from the Addams Family.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the candidates running for County Council are doing everything they can to get a foothold. It’s a lot like old fashioned campaigning. Face to face. You have to admire the determination of most of them running.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……at how well both Jennifer Rogers and Molly Hanlon Mirabito do in their public appearances on and off the media. Talk about commanding a room.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that I found this cool radio station out of Toronto called AM 740, ZOOMER RADIO. Father Thom Carten told me about it a long time ago but I just got around to checking it out. They have commercials for a business in a town in Ontario province called Saint Catherine’s. When I would rebel against my parents which wasn’t often, I threatened to run away to Canada and St. Catherine’s. I was a strange kid. Just looked it up on the map and picked it out. But it stopped my parents cold every time. “Canada?” they’d say.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that in the Wilkes Barre Mayoral debate, when Lisa Cope was talking about the various departments in the Police unit she’d change, Leighton asked her which departments she’d make changes in. She couldn’t say.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that every time I see Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland in a movie, I just can’t help but smile and check it out.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that Newt Gingrich seems to be slowly moving up in the polls. He’d make an interesting addition on the national ticket.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……and thrilled that Stopay Candies in Plains is not giving it up after their business was devastated by the fall flood. When they reopen, you should check out their sweet treats.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that a local Council member and business owner Tony Thomas would open himself up to such controversy by allegedly not paying a supply bill. The owner of Harry’s Market which supplied food to the downtown eatery now closed is suing Thomas for about $14,000 grand. If this gets to court, this will be interesting. I know small businesses struggle but I was always told you pay yourself last and pay your vendors first.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….the County GOP is spending over $300,000 for a District Attorney’s seat. Can you imagine if the party backers spread that money around in the primary to help Dick Hughes get a double nomination and perhaps get Mayor Jim Haggerty and Attorney Joe Saporito on the fall ballot? I don’t know if its misdirected anger, passion or strategy but it is misdirected nonetheless.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..not so much that St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa retired. He came within 1 strike twice of losing the World Series. The games were nail biters. He had that unique disciple to have the good sense to go out on top.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that Wilkes Barre city Republicans can’t focus in on one Council seat to win. Virgil Argenta has a ton of signs in the Northend but he and the other candidates running need some votes in this General Election.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that former County Commissioner Ed Brominski is moving at a breakneck pace to win a nod on the County Council. He is everywhere in this campaign and welcomed heartily for his experience and common sense.

7 Comments:

At 3:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The County Republican party isn't spending anything on the DA's race. Salavantis is spending her own campaign funds.

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think the country GOP is spending that money, it is just Papa S. trying to get failure daughter a secure job and influence..

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave: You can listen to AM 740 on the web of course, but
after about 6/7 PM it comes in good on the regular AM dial on your radio. I enjoy listing to AM 740 on my 1941 tube radio: silvertone 7056. Restored the radio 3 or 4 years ago.
Joe B.

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commercial with the coach makes Salavantis sound like she is 14 years old...way to make her sound more inexperience bob harper!

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

10:50
I was thinkin the same. Bet it was somebody's great idea. Man does it miss the hoop. Its a personal foul
if you ask me.

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

5:34, No one wants comical and cute DAs like these hokey commercials...as much that is being spent on bob harper...he is not even taking her serious. Break down...

Commercial 1. Creapy old lady, scares voters...but in time for Halloween.

Commercial 2. Old man at school with a southern accent? No one speaks like that around here...either is was an insult or bob harper is out of touch.

Commercial 3. Factory owner...a DAs job is like a machine parts worker...huh?

Commercial 4. A intense news flash opening then transition into a man walking with the same sound echo used from the factory commercial...way to keep it fresh..not..

commerial 5. What the heck is a person running for a DAs job looking for a meeting room in a school? Then the coach (AKA bob harper...aagain) and Stefanie have a daughter and father moment...creepy, and making her sound like she is 14 years old.

Good for comedy TV, not for politics...it shows how out of touch bob harper is with the youth. People like the commercial because they are comical,cute and hokey...but poor on telling what is the experience Stefanie brings to the table...besides shooting hoops @ Dallas High School.

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that we give a shit, but for accuracy sake Bieber is 17 not 30.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home