Friday, April 06, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2012, April 6th, 2012


"Maybe I'm Amazed" logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED  


MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that the Rick Santorum campaign is going to end sooner than later. There is a poll out that says Santorum will lose his home state. Members of the religious right who have been supporting Santorum are now saying he cannot win. Santorum is being urged to drop out before the Pennsylvania voting for fear that a loss in his home state will tarnish the incredible story of his 2012 insurgent campaign. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that Greg Skrepenak’s jail sentence is over. It will be interesting to see how the former football hero rebuilds his life. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that a few days after Wilkes Barre area residents hold a candlelight vigil for a youth 2,000 miles away that they never met, violence strikes in this town. A 14 year old boy walking home from the CYC is killed on the streets of Wilkes Barre. This is the first homicide in Luzerne County. No consolation at all. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that a Scranton area man was caught stealing Stop signs, road signs and shopping carts. Here’s a novel idea…..look for a job instead of ripping off the town you live. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that when Representative Ken Smith ventures out into public meetings with his constituents, no one brings up his unpaid loans and taxes. Are you scared or just plain stupid? 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that when spring has sprung, the slobs in Wilkes Barre start littering. Now I live in a neighborhood where there are students who regularly don’t pick up after themselves. But traveling out of the city to Plains via North Main, all you see is garbage dotting the landscape. Yep, we’re slobs all right. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…and a little giddy that the Miami Marlins and their loudmouth over rated Manager lost their first two games this year. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that yes there was indeed some cocaine found in Whitney Houston’s hotel room. Shocking! 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the $27,000 that is reported to be missing from a fund at Luzerne County Community College might actually be a mess up on the part of the former employee handling the accounts. Uncashed checks were found in this woman’s desk. I hope that’s all it is. Just for fun, if you have the time some day, pick up an LCCC student guide and check out the list of employees at the school. It is a dumping ground for friends, relatives, cousins and in laws of every political hack in the Valley. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that Anthony Lupas, you know the Bernie Madoff of Luzerne County has a pension of $1700.00 a month from the Wilkes Barre Area School Board. Of course that pension can’t be touched by the people he allegedly screwed out of their money. There ought to be a means testing of pensions and Social Security for so called “professionals” who dip at the trough every chance they get. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that in Luzerne County 43.6% own dogs and 30.6% of the people own cats. But the happiest of all of them is the guy who owns Pet Supplies Plus in the old Robert Hall building in East End.
The line this morning at about 9:00AM at the Sanitary Bakery on Ridge Street in Nanticoke. Thank heavens I took this picture "after" my visit. To the young lady with the glasses and big smile that took care of me, I apologize for making you check the price on my items. The price was so low for so much, that I thought you were shorting yourself! 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that my favorite bakery in the whole world today, the Sanitary Bakery in Nanticoke was packed with people. I got an early start and got some treats for the weekend for my sister and the in laws. I only bought the macaroons (made by special order, they’ll do that you know) but there were lamb cakes, bunny cakes, all kind of stuff leaving that building today. It wouldn’t be a holiday without the good people at the Sanitary Bakery in the ‘coke!

7 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Michelle HD said...

Sanitary is THE best bakery around. We always make the trip to Nanticoke to get birthday cakes from there. The whipped icing, vanilla with strawberry filling cakes are the best!

 
At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Yonks, Don’t forget a nod to Rockies Pitcher Jamie Moyer on behalf of all us old men!
Moyer is 49 and Charlie Manuel is in his 50th year in pro baseball. Go Phillies!

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonk, that employee at LCCC is not a "former" employee, she now works in housekeeping.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE 10:26AM
THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION. YOU ARE RIGHT.

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am amazed that bill vinsko is still going to run even though a lot of people are advising him to save his cash..i feel that if he wants to run, by all means, he should..but he will have a very hard time winning against barletta..look at all of the money barletta spent against kanjorski..not to mention the number of times he ran!!

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barletta didn't win, Kanjorski lost! The only message Vinsko should focus on is that Barletta voted to kill Medicare. That's it and tha's all it should take.

 
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

11:02 that is why Lou is getting my vote. Time to stop artificially keeping old people alive and sucking the young dry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home