Sunday, May 06, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2046, May 6th, 2012

We're 6 years old. 

 6 YEARS ON 


Six years ago today, the first “edition” of LuLac was published. In the time that has ensued, we have written over 2040 editions, had over 12,000 comments posted and have received various and sundry accolades, brickbats, threats, pats on the back, cheers, jeers, and anything you can think of in terms of descriptive sentences. A big thank you to Mrs. LuLac for everything she does to make this site a success. Another thank you to some people who have helped me technically through the years, Gort 42, my friend John Twardzik from Florida, Gene Werely from Auburn, Pa. and of course John Webster who in the infancy of this site walked me through some technical aspects. If there was an IT issue that Mrs. LuLac couldn’t solve, my nephew Todd Edwards provided an intelligent and quick fix that enabled the computer to keep on chugging along as well as the messages gong to what I refer to as my e mail machine. We must thank our readers and posters, our supporters and detractors, the various news organizations in the area we call LuLac land, the hard working investigative reporters in all segments of the media as well as those interested citizens willing to give us (the bloggers) tips. My thanks to fellow bloggers who fight the good fight every day. They have lifted the perception that bloggers are sluggish, thuggish and just people who rant without solutions. LuLac has evolved through the years from en educational forum on politics to a site where you can expect a formatted “edition” every day of news, politics and pop culture. There are more rants these days since many people in public life are torquing me off more. You would think with the multitude of scandals, some people would wise up. But certain politicians continue to move the line of good common sense as to what citizens would be willing to put up with. And while I admire their chutzpah, I will regularly decry their stupidity and bad judgement. The site has given me an opportunity to, in effect end up where I started in my career doing broadcast work at a few local stations. (WYOU and WYLN as well as appearances n WILK) I will always be grateful for that opportunity. LuLac has also helped me with my book sales and while technically there is no compensation for online blogging, that is also a good thing. One of the lessons I learned in my life is that success comes from a lot of things. Hard work, determination and creativity. But the underlying linchpin of all of those things is consistency. We plan to utilize that attribute without being regarded as stale or stodgy. But as always there will be a few surprises, some inspired by us and most by the people we write about. Moving forward, we plan to be here most every day, writing about the events of the day on a local, state, national and international level. Recognizing we are just a small speck in this huge atmosphere of on line punditry, we’ll do our best to give you an opinion along with historical perspective on who is governing our lives. Because of the times we live in and especially where we live, there will be no shortage of material. As my good friend Shadoe Steele is fond of saying, “you can’t make this stuff up”. 
On to year 7.

12 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Gort said...

WOO HOO 6 years of the Yonk. Looking forward to many more.

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Dave Bohman said...

Happy Anniversary, and Congratulations. Keep up the good reads.

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

6 years, very nice.
Best of luck in the years to come.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Took me 6 years to get my 4 year degree!

All the best in your future endeavors Yonk. Take Mrs.LuLac out to dinner - she's more than earned it.

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonkster, you are celbrating 6 years and I'm hap to say that most of that time has been without a serious effort to sanitize the comments. This past week you have ignored several comments that I think were interesting but you did not allow them to see the black of print. Lighten up!

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave: You have been very entertaining and very good for people who like politics. Plus you've branched LuLac into a true must read and influential on line entity in NEPA.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger David DeCosmo said...

Congratulations on the continued
success of the Lu Lack Political
Letter David! After just completing my first year I realize how difficult it is to publish every day.....and mine isn't near as filling as yours! Keep up the good work!

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an effite, liberal overeducated snob. But at least you're our elite snob. Congrats!

Bob Santorum

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonki ... Yonki ... Yonki!~

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Better Life Seminars said...

Congrats Dave, Keep up the great work.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a beacon of hope and light in a sea of mediocrity...all the best for 6 years of the LULAC Political Letter and i hope there will be many more years to come!!

Blythe H Evans III

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Lu Lac:

Congratulations on 6 years!

I’ve been a fan for quite some time and although I may not agree with some of your opinions or insights, I DO share your love of the “game” and your passion for all things Retro…especially in music and marketing.

You provide an invaluable service for we politically inspired folk and although we’ll either vent against or rally behind your viewpoints, the point is, you’ve provided a readily accessible forum which allows us to do so and I thank you for same! (I’m sure all readers do as well)

It’s most obvious this isn’t your first paper route when it comes to writing and I hope people appreciate the time you expend in research and due diligence. AND, to do it for free, without flashing ads everywhere, is both amazing and appreciated!

People who write UNDERSTAND it ain’t easy to keep the ink flowing day after day but you manage to do so in a poignant and yet light hearted fashion! In other words, you DON’T take yourself too seriously! (Politicians take note!)

I hope all readers will buy your books to help compensate!

Be well and yes, write on!

Yours truly, SFH
(Southern Fried Hick)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home