Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2201, September 19th, 2012

Our "Write On Wednesday" logo.  

WRITE ON WEDNESDAY

IN MITT'S WORDS


Today's "Write On Wednesday" is not a written piece, but rather a spoken piece from Presidential candidate Mitt Romney. These remarks came from a wide ranging discussion with supporters at a fundraiser. Most of the comments were boilerplate discussions on issues until he came to this commentary:  
Well, there are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right? There are 47% who are with him. Who are dependent upon government, who believe that-- that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they're entitled to healthcare, to food, to housing, to you name it. But that's-- it's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And-- and-- I mean the president starts off with 48%, 49%, 40-- or he-- he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. 47% of Americans pay no income taxes. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. And he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that's what they sell every-- every four years. And-- and so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5% to 10% in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion. Whether they like the guy or not. What they-- what it looks like. I mean the-- it's the-- the-- when you ask those people-- we do all these polls. I find it amazing. We poll all these people, see where you stand in the polls. About 45% of the people will vote for the Republican and 48% or 49%.
If you listen to the tape, the amazing thing is Romney did not stumble. He had more articulation and cadence when he was addressing this issue than a Back Mountain Library auctioneer

11 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Asshole,
I cared for my life and the lives of the members of my platoon in Vietnam while you were f-in off and having a good time in France! I now collect Social Security which I paid into for 50 years! Screw You!

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its the battle between "gotcha-vids" of truthful moments.

Obama flat out scares me. Mitt makes sense.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well prepare to be scared for another four years. There is no way on earth, that the greatest idiot candidate of all times, except Palin, will ever become President!

 
At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This tape is a joke. You see how it was cut off. You cut it off in your transcript. Plus you know this is the truth, from a political perspective. If your existence is paid for by one guy, why would you vote against him. I thought better of you as a "journalist" than to publish this.

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

4:23, AMEN BROTHER.

 
At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Professor Milburn Cleaver, OPA said...

Students,
As I am on a tight schedule today, what with a golf date this morning and a few social functions in mid afternoon, my lecture shall be brief.....
I had originally decided NOT to attend Blogfest for fear of my own personal safety. IN particular, after reading some of the papers submitted following yesterday's lecture, those fears are well founded.
However, after much thought I have decided that I most likely SHALL attend but incognito. For those of you ingrates who have no idea what that word means---and I am certain there are many---do your research!!!!!!!
I shall not introduce myself but alas will undertake the rigorous but satisfying process of observation. Since most of the attendees will be supporters of the current occupant of the White House I consider the process to be akin to when I took my 5 year old grandson to the Philadelhia Zoo.
Nevertheless, I shall be in attendance and will deliver a lecture on the event in the near future.
Now, I must leave you all as I am in the process of undertaking some intense research on poll results which I shall also present in the near future. Remember, as my job predictions have always been "dead on", you can most assuredly expect the same from my polling research.
Something to think about this morning.....
Class Dismissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were really in Vietnam, you wouldn't be a taker. You didn't pay into social security, you paid for someone else to live off your labor, just as you are now living off of someone else's labor.

Your military pension you earned, social security is money you has been stolen from your children.

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

France has a better Social Security system there. Maybe you'd find living in France preferable.

If you actually paid attention to both sides you might discover that your benefits will remain intact.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo 10:17
So you think every soldier gets a pension. No, moron, only after 20 years. Obviously you have no Military experience or sense. The Social Security comes at 65, dumbshit! Damn how uninformed can one jerk be. But thats typical! And yes I was in a Combat Zone for 365 Days! Which was the standard tour of duty but you wouldnt know shit about that either! Also your grammer sucks! Try proofreading.

Sergeant US Army
4:23

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Social Security can start at 62.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarge,I wasn't talking about the military in general, i should have written if you got a pension. ****ing enlisted assholes, maybe inhaled a little too much agent orange, or in your case not enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home