Friday, November 16, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2265, November 16th, 2012

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo. 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED 

 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that the new porcupine logo for the Railriders looks suspiciously like the Iron Pigs logo from Lehigh Valley. The Pigs has the snarl and the gritted teeth. So do the Railriders. Coincidence or not? 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that in keeping with LuLac land tradition, there is now a question about the vote count for the winning tally of the Railriders. The Citizen’s Voice revealed that the team had already gotten the trademark approved for Railriders before the voting was announced. Team officials say that the two names, Railriders and Porcupines were so far ahead f the others that it was just an easy decision to get the paperwork in. We are a conspiracy oriented society but here in Northeastern Pennsylvania, faulty elections are something we are familiar with. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that only one County Council member seemed to call Luzerne County DA Stefanie Salavantis to task on why the overpaid County detectives weren’t recognizing just how critical the budget process is in this new form of government. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that women’s hearts beat faster than men's. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that no one seems to make the connection between local cash strapped governments and the lack of support from the Federal government. If seed or revenue sharing money is gone, revenue has to come from somewhere. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that people are amazed that fighting has broken out in the Middle East between Hamas and Israel. The lid on this thing has been on a long time and tensions as well as the chance for a full blown war are good. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that people were so appalled when Mitt Romney made his remarks about the role of FEMA in a debate. Romney was only following the Republican party line of the last few sessions of Congress . Remember when the GOP said citizens would get flood and hurricane aid but it first had to be made up in the budget before the checks went out? That tells you everything you need to know about why Mitt moved so far to the right on a simple issue,. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that it takes more than 72 interactions of human muscles to produce human speech. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that this David Patraeus story just iisn’t going to die down. Now it is revealed that Jill Kelly visited the White House three times. Even more amazing is the fact that Kelly had been in debt since 2009 and has been living large nonetheless. As a normal, bill paying, schmo that gets bent out of shape if the Amex bill isn’t paid on time, I wonder how that can be? I mean who supports these people? Who takes their loans? 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that no one seems to even blink an eye when Donald Trump makes a stupid, asinine statement regarding the President or national policy. “The Art of the Deal” has now become “What’s the big deal…there he goes again?” 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that it took my four years to sit down and talk politics with my good friend and Republican Jimmy O’Meara. It was way too long but I want to assure all of America that you are all safe. We both hammered out all of the problems tonight at Dan’s Keystone Grille. As Bobby McPherrin sang, “Don’t Worry, Be happy”. Jimmy, we’ll do this again very soon.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Anonymous JUNCTION said...

Ok NEPA baseball fans. "PLAY BALL".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home