Sunday, November 18, 2012

The LuLac edition #2267, November 18th, 2012

Fixed income isn't just for a few.  

THE 98% AND “FIXED INCOMES” 


I am really get sick and tired of senior citizens, (and if God spares me I hope to be one someday) telling anyone who would listen that “They are on fixed incomes”. When a TV reporter interviews them about a tax increase, they’ll say "I’m on a fixed income"
You know what Mr. and Mrs. Senior, we’re all on a fixed income. Most people in the middle class have lost income since 1997. 
People with young families are on fixed incomes with money allocated for school, supplies and raising the children. Sure there are deductions but the money and budgets have to be met every month. Fixed income. 
People in the military have to maintain communications with their families. They have to budget their money while worrying about whether they are going to be in harm’s way. Just because people come up to them at airports and thank them for their service, no one is paying their bills. Fixed income. 
People with kids in college have to make that tuition payment every semester. Sure there is help with grants and scholarships but the cost of college is a far cry from what I paid thirty five years ago. Some families have to take loans, mortgage houses again and still live their live meeting their obligations. Fixed income. 
People with health care issues, yes those with insurance have to allocate a certain amount of money for drugs, medicines, co pays and procedures without the benefit of Medicare or a supplemental plan. Insurance costs have gone up but the bills are still due to those who pay for health care. Which is everybody. Fixed income. 
Even business people who start their own companies have built in costs before they can even make a profit. If they have employees dependent on therm, they usually take care of them first. Then the vendors, then the taxes. Fixed income. 
Most everyone is on a fixed income. Not just seniors. So next time you see a TV report about how higher taxes in a city or municipality is going to affect those on fixed incomes, remember it just isn’t the Seniors. It is nearly all of us.

7 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could Fix my income because its a good deal lower than it used to be and everything is costing more. You know it just occurred to me, I'm screwed!

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous JUNCTION said...

Dave, I agree with that statement about "fixed incomes". I just think it is just something that seniors have always said when they are talking about the economy.
Majority of the time age has no bearing on our wages in this respect.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a trip to Mohegan Sun and note the number of seniors feeding the machines.
Note how many are obviously disabled or overweight or in the smoking section.
Glad you're noticing that we are all on fixed incomes - mostly by choice but are healthy and mobile. We are, however unwilling to fore-go or sacrifice.
Ya know - I heard a senior say to another he was using "Obama chips" - they both giggled.
BTW - I was there for dinner.

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Shit... Yonk is sounding like Rush Limbo... ROTFLOL

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Point, Mr Yonki. Sometimes the best Lulacs are the short and to the point ones. This is a good example. Makes everyone stop and think a minute. Good job and keep up the good work.
Whats up after '67? Will we get to vote again?

A Regular Reader

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonk, you must have had a very bad day at work or maybe you're just phucked up! Why this borage at seniors? Do you think seniors who have poor sight, bad backs, arthritis, poor hearts, diabetes and a multitude of other ailments are in a position or I should say condition to increase their fixed incomes? When was younger, I considered my job a fixed income because I was in management and did not qualify for overtime. I could not increase my salary from my main job so I always had 2 or 3 jobs. That took me out of the realm of a fixed income. My income was only as fixed as I was energetic. Truthfully, I sick of hearing people such as you sit and complain. OK, life gave you a bad break and the rest of us lucked out because we never had a bad break. Grow the hell up! You got lemons, try the lemon aide thing. As for the others who chimed in with their woeful bullshit problems, they also can grow the hell up. Really hard up? Try walking the side of the roads and pick aluminum cans, 24 make a pound. I've done that for vacation money. Such nonsense.

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like the Feds are on a fixed income too. Difference is they are on an ever increasing outgo!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home