Friday, November 23, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2274, November 23rd, 2012

Our “Maybe I’m Amzed” logo. 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED 

MAYBE I'M AMAZED………….that the White House Thanksgiving day menu, unchanged since 2009 features six, count them six different types of pie. They are but not in order of importance, banana cream, pumpkin, apple, huckleberry, cherry and sweet potato pie. Michelle Obama most likely gave the First Family some slack on the big day. My sister had Lemon Meringue and Pumpkin, Mrs. LuLac made an Apple earlier in the week and my sister in law had two pies that I quietly smuggled in from The Sanitary. They were Pumpkin and Caramel Apple. After the leftovers, we are back to at least attempting to eat right. For some tips, check out my friend Doctor Leonardi s site. http://fatthenfitnow.wordpress.com/ 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that people still care about the New York Jets. The loss on Thanksgiving night was really bad. It is time for the blowhard Rex Ryan to leave. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that steel is 100% recyclable. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that in the hubbub of Thanksgiving week, we forgot to remember the birthday of one of the greatest Vice Presidents in the history of the nation, one Mr. Joseph Robinette Biden, that scrappy kid from Scranton. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that if you shake a can of mixed nuts, the larger ones will rise to the top. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that when I awoke Thanksgiving morning and wrested the Bose remote from Mrs. LuLac, I heard a replay of the post election day Sue Henry show with me, Frank Scavo, Bob from Wilkes Barre, and Peter Gagliardi all talking about the results. Plus a whole host of others. Like Yogi Berra said, “It was deju vu all over again”. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that I saw two bumper stickers on a car in front us this morning that read “Obama/Biden 2012” and “Sisters Of Mercy”. So much for the political education campaign of the Catholic Church. At least one vehicle that clearly did not take. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that there are more chickens than people in the world. I bet Colonel Sanders was happy about that. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that the Macy’s Santa parade featured a Santa that I’m told brought tears to the eyes of those watching it. I guess to rekindle the magic of Santa as a child, you have to have the right stuff and I’m told that was the case on Thursday. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that the city of Cleveland was home to the first electric traffic lights in America.

6 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The City of Cleveland was also the home of the 1964 pre Super Bowl NFL Champion Browns, the 1948 World Series Champs the Cleveland Indians and the never since joining the league in 1970 champs, the Cleveland Cavaliers.
They did however score the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and some great sports fans who just never give in or give up. I bet that traffic light was on Euclid Avenue.

Pete

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
The City of Cleveland was also the home of the 1964 pre Super Bowl NFL Champion Browns
I REMEMBER THAT GAME WELL. THE BEARS BEAT THE GIANTS 14-10 AND IT WAS ANDY ROBUSTELLI'S LAST GAME FOR THE GIANTS. MY UNCLES LOVED ROBUSTELLI AND WERE DRINKING BEER TOASTS TO HIS 12 YEARS WITH THE GIANTS. I ALSO REMEMBER Y.A. TITLE IN THAT GAME TOO.

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused! The Browns beat the heavily favored Colts with 27 second half points after a 0-0 halftime tie. Dont know what the Giants-Bears had to do with it. Are you on painkillers or did I skip a groove?

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
The Browns beat the heavily favored Colts with 27 second half points after a 0-0 halftime tie. Dont know what the Giants-Bears had to do with it. Are you on painkillers or did I skip a groove?
YOU'RE RIGHT. I BETTER GET ANOTHER BRAIN SCAN!!!!! THAT WAS DEC. 29th, '63, NOT 64. I THINK I GOT MIXED UP BECAUSE THE BEARS QB WAS BILL WADE AND I THOUGHT AT ONE POINT THE BROWNS HAD A BILL WADE IN THEIR STARTING LINE UP. SORRY.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

NOPE, THE GUY'S NAME WAS FRANK RYAN. FOUR LETTER NAMES TRIPPED ME UP. DOCTOR!!! DOCTOR!!!

 
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was in fact Dr Frank Ryan.
Just try gettin your insurance to cover an at will brain scan!
You owe me lunch at your earliest convenience.

the Lulac Watchdog Patrol
Lackawanna County Headquarters

 

Post a Comment

<< Home