Saturday, December 01, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2282, December 1st, 2012

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo. 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the President is getting criticized for the menu that he offered his rival Mitt Romney for lunch. It was lunch for crying out loud! Turkey chili. Who doesn’t like that! If he had offered him cottage cheese, he’d be criticized for being a wimp and listening to his wife. If it were me, I’d have a limo take us to Johnny Rockets, have some burgers and shakes and then go back to 1600 Pennsylvania to shock the world and name Romney Treasury Secretary. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..speaking of the White House, that the original name for that building was “The President’s Palace”. It became the White House in 1901. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..(as well as my co-workers) that I have eaten turkey for 14 straight days now! There’s a little bit left and I’ll finish that off Saturday. Only then will the LuLac household be devoid of turkey. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..speaking of turkeys, I’m amazed that more turkeys are raised in the state of California than anywhere else in the U.S. That’s why turkeys are so relaxed and laid back!  
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that maybe the national Republican are starting to stop listening to Grover Norquist and his tax pledge. Keeping a line on taxes is a good thing but after running up the deficit on two credit card wars, maybe it’s time for some sanity. Ed Rendell nailed it about Grover in his book, “A Nation of Wimps”. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the Eagles Andy Reid might wind up in Dallas!! Are you kidding me? 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that former Titans Quarterback Vince Young blew through 30 million dollars in a short period of time. I’ve known my share of high maintainace women but those Kardashian women will help you spend your cash faster than a New York minute. Or even quicker for that matter!   
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that a cucumber consists of 96% water. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the Powerball Fever was again sweeping the nation. I didn’t check the tickets but hope I might have won something like the last time. But if I had won the big one, I’d hire a staff to give it away. I’d keep 5 million for myself and Mrs. LuLac but distribute it to worthy recipients and causes. The late “Pidge” Watson from the Sunday Dispatch once told me, “Once you have too many millions, you get into Michael Jackson territory, buying animals and Elephant Man corpses”. He was right.
Bartiowsky’s in Wilkes Barre. Times Leader photo.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….at the outpouring of affection I witnessed last week as Bartikowsky Jewelers went out of business. Bartikowsky was so much a part of everyone’s life. We go our wedding bands three and had so many interactions with Max and his staff. I was proud to be in the Wiles Barre Kiwanis with Jay Kernovsky in the 80s. Many landmark business close with stories and memories but many people shed a emotional tearful farewell to a business that touched generations of families in the Wyoming Valley.

5 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He shoulda served Bourbon and Crow
and yes offered him any position he wanted in the cabinet. How about Sec of State to satisfy the GOP or Homeland Security if that still exists. The Mitter is history and a small footnote at that. Consider him outsourced or Bained!

Carey Ave

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, that store was the most wonderful place in Wilkes Barre. Max and Jay were real gentlemen. Who is going to fix my watch now?

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOw can turkey possibly still be good after two weeks? Regardless of refrigeration, it seems as if it would be unhealthy by now.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
HOw can turkey possibly still be good after two weeks? Regardless of refrigeration, it seems as if it would be unhealthy by now.
TURKEY SOUP, TURKEY SALAD, TURKEY WITH PASTA, TURKEY IN A COMMERCIAL SOUP, TURKEY IN A HOMEMADE SOUP, TURKEY CHILI, TURKEY BREAKFAST BURRITO.....FINISHED IT UP ON SUNDAY NIGHT BY THROWING THE REMAINING FOUR PIECES INTO A CAN OF CAMPBELL'S CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER.

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Clinton is a vegan now. I'm just saying, what is the White House going to serve in November of 2017, when Bill is First Gentleman? I'm vegetarian, so I don't really mind so much, but if the spouse of the president is traditionally in charge of such things, what will the White House serve when Hillary takes over?

My guess is tofurkey! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home