Friday, December 07, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2288, December 7th, 2012

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo. 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED 


MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that it is 71 years to the day that Pearl Harbor happened. It was a day that lived in infamy. A day that shook and shaped what we now refer to as The Greatest Generation. FDR was tending to his stamp collection when it happened. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that Denis Rodman, once an NBA Superstar makes the news again. This time for being in arrears of child support for a slew of kids. The word is that Rodman, after multi million dollar years in the NBA is now broke. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that House Speaker John Boehner has slapped down a few of his Tea Party members of the House by denying them committee chairmanships. Boehner grew a spine. Lert’s hope he can work out a deal with the President. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that maybe President Obama just might take a page out of President Clinton’s playbook and take the country over the fiscal cliff. Clinton shut the government down but that action did not affect the tax rate of millions of Americans.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that when I was pumping gas for 3.49 a gallon the other day I thought I was getting a bargain. And then I thought how amazed I was that the Saturn V rocket consumed 15 tons of fuel per second!! 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..at how the small town of Berwick has been targeted by vandals and thieves in their famed Christmas Boulevard project. It is a shame that pieces of human debris prey on the hard work and spirit of goodness of a majority. Some day I’ll share with you what I think would be a good punishment for vandals. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that twins have a high occurrence of being left handed. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……at how much I miss Candice Kelly doing the news. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that Governor Tom Corbett’s standing in the polls seems to be inching up. The Governor seems to be more confident with the press and his presentations. Prosecutors have a different style once they get into office. There is a learning curve for politicos who served in the Justice Department. Former Governor Dick Thornburgh is an example. When Thornburgh ran for re-election in 1982 he won but not by much. Sure the Reagan recession was against him but he did squeak by. Talk around Harrisburg is that Corbett is polishing up his glad handing skills. And for God’s sake, look who he followed.
Tiffany Cloud host of Storm Politics and Joe Peters, LuLac Renaissance man. (Photo Tiffany Cloud Facebook page). 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….that women’s hearts beat faster than men’s. Especially when The Talker Joe Peters is around. Peters is this week’s guest on WYLN TV’s Storm Politics with Tiffany Cloud. Air times are 5pm Saturday, 11am Sunday, Monday at 8:30PM and Tuesday at 9:30PM. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that Minsec, athe substance abuse treatment center located in is pulling out of the city of Hazleton after many complaints from people in the surrounding area. Donna Palermo from the Hazleton Chamber spoke out on camera but a few Hazleton business people who were celebrating and doing cartwheels were reluctant to go on camera. At least that’s what I heard. 
 

8 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been missing Candace myself. I was told she is on maternity leave. Is this information correct? She does an excellent job and I'd like to think she will be back.

Curious

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..at how the small town of Berwick has been targeted by vandals and thieves in their famed Christmas Boulevard project"

Would it be a crime to shoot these bastards or a public service?

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Would it be a crime to shoot these bastards or a public service?
YES, IT WOULD BE A CRIME. I'D SUGGEST HOSPITALIZING THEM, GIVING THEM A 14 EPIDURAL AND LEAVE THEM UNATTENDED FOR ABOUT A WEEK. LET THEM CRAP THEMSELVES, LET THEM FIGURE OUT HOW TO EAT. THEN ON THE 7th DAY ASK THEM IF THEY'D EVER THINK ABOUT VANDALIZING AGAIN. UNABLE TO USE THEIR LIMBS, LAYING IN THEIR OW WASTE AND STARVING, I THINK THEY'D SAY "UHHHH NO".

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Been missing Candace myself. I was told she is on maternity leave. Is this information correct? She does an excellent job and I'd like to think she will be back.
CANDICE IS ON MATERNITY LEAVE. SHE HAD A BABY GIRL IN EARLY NOVEMBER. I FIRST MET IN HER IN 2007 WEN SHE INTERVIEWED ME ON THE WYOU TV INTERACTIVE PROGRAM. IT WAS THE NIGHT OF THE WYOU/WBRE CHRISTMAS PARTY AND SHE AND HER DATE "MR. KELLY" AS SHE REFERRED TO HIM, WERE GOING. SHE AND HER HUSBAND TOM KELLY ARE CLASS ACTS. I HOPE SHE STAYS OFF AS LONG AS SHE CAN TO BOND WITH THE NEW BABY, MY FRUSTRATION LIES IN THE ACT THAT HER REPLACEMENT CAN'T READ.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus ****ing Christ... when the government was shut down, it was Gingrinch and the republican's fault... Now looking back, now that shut down actually helped rein in spending, Clinton is getting credit. Go over the F****N CLIFF you wanted Obama, now take your medicine.

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Your friend and political sparring partner said...

Tiffany gets my male heart rate up

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think there might be a tie in with the Meth Labs and the vandalism in
Berwick? The Cops have their hands full thats for sure and not just in Berwick. Merry Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home