Saturday, February 02, 2013

The LuLac Edition #2347, February 2nd, 2013

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo. 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…………..that I made it to February. I always hated January. More people statistically die in that month and this year’s obits were chock full of people I worked with, people who I mentored, people who mentored me, horrible. And don’t even get me started on the ridiculous weather forecasters who predict snow showers which turn into 3 inches of shoveling.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….that the Conservative movements are using the same tactics on President Obama’s immigration proposals as they did his health care deal. The Facebook posters are saying the 11 million illegals will be eligible for Obama Care. No, they will be eligible to participate in either a company or government health plan in which they will pay deductibles, co pays, fee for services as well as in kind contributions from their paychecks. They won’t get free health care. They’ll be part of an expanded pool. I used to think that talk like this was racist but now I just think it is just plain stupid. You can overcome racism but as a guy I know is fond of saying, “You can’t fix stupid!” 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that after working out, it takes your body five hours to have its temperature return to normal. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that the Kingston Trio, got their name from their travels through Kingston Jamaica. By the way, this week the average temperature in Jamaica was 85. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that Governor Corbett’s son in law Gerald Gibson was investigated for stealing money and property in the Philadelphia area. Gibson is a narcotics investigator. Corbett ended the year with more than 3 million dollars in a political war chest. He’ll need more than that. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……………but not really that eleven schools in Luzerne County made the low achiever list. The Times Leader reported that Hazleton Area High School and Hazleton Elementary/Middles school in Hazleton Area School District, and Dodson Elementary, Kistler Elementary, Heights Murray Elementary and GAR Memorial High School in Wilkes-Barre Area School District as well as Heights Terrace Elementary and West Hazleton Elementary/Middle School in Hazleton Area, Flood Elementary in Wilkes-Barre Area, Hanover Area Memorial Elementary in Hanover Area School District, and State Street Elementary in Wyoming Valley West School District. The low achiever lists allows students to get opportunity scholarships. In LuLac Edition #2345, we stated that increase in educational funding has not worked. Higher teacher pay has not worked. Education is the black hole in funding. It is throwing good money after bad. You get betterr schools with better parenting outside of it and no teacher would ever disagree with that assessment. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the study of fruit is called Pomology.". 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that only two people were arrested at Mohegan Sun for illegal sports betting. I really thought there would be more given the betting and sports culture in Northeastern Pennsylvania. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….that now former Secretary of State logged more than 950,000 miles in her tenure as the head of the State Department. In her four year term, she spent 401 days on the road which amounts to more than a full year away from home. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….that Alex Rodriguez was accused again of Performance Enhancing Drugs. A-Rod may not ever be a Yankee again and if you ask me, he really never was accepted by the fans of Yankee nation This latest saga though is going to be put a dent in any future Hall of Fame talk no matter what he does if he returns from the injury list. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………at the outpouring of affection at the news of the death of the last remaining Andrews sister this week, Patty. She was preceded in death by sisters Maxine and LaVerne. The group, daughters of a Greek immigrant starred in 16 films and sold over 100 million records. This was one of them.

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, I read last week that if only half of the illegals were added to payroll taxes, we would see an increase of a half trillion dollars in our treasury. I really do get a chuckle when I hear people such as the two Lou Dumbs, Barletta and Dobbs talk about immigration. Shutting the borders down is the key to immigration control. If we don't take a serious move on the borders, we will never have immigration reform. By the way, I hears a real jerk say this week that he plans to drop Medicare and his AARP policy and take up on Obama's health care plan. Really, can you believe that there are still idiots among us who still think Obama Care is an insurance policy? I'm beginning to think that stupid should be a capital offence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home