Monday, December 02, 2013

The LuLac Edition #2566, December 2nd, 2013

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed”logo.


MAYBE I’M AMAZED
State Representative Phyllis Mundy. (Photo: LuLac archives).

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that it seems like only yesterday when a young Phyllis Mundy was challenging a Republican incumbent in 1990. She was President of the League of Women Voters and was determined to make a race of it. When I had my radio program on WBAX back then, "candidate" Mundy had a clear vision of what public service was all about.  I saw that in the interview back then. Circumstances helped her in that campaign but after gaining a foothold in office she was unbeatable with valuable constituent service and a plan that cared about the middle class and the working poor. There will be contenders and pretenders trying to fill her shoes but it will take a long time before we see her like again in Harrisburg.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….at how things turn so quickly in Pro Football. Watching the Packers on Thanksgiving Day and I see my team is up 10-0 and I think okay, so I put a rerun of The Untouchables on from the DVR. Tune in after the show and the Pack is down 30-10. As Ferris Bueller said, “Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around, you’ll miss it”.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that it only took a few days for the scumbags in the area to ruin Christmas. The news reports today that a guy in Parsons had a great light display. Of course it was destroyed by vandals who continue to keep this area in the dark ages. What a bunch of criminal sad sacks who live among us. They need to be destroyed like rabid animals.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……at that Auburn vs. Alabama game. Unlike my friend Gort 42, I could care less about College Football. I’ll watch a Pen State game in the last five minutes if it’s close and catch the end of a big game that is proclaimed so by the experts. Auburn beating Alabama and the way they beat them was sweet indeed. If you want to talk about rivalry, do you realize it’s been 42 years since both teams were in the top 5 together? The last time was 1971 when Bama beat Auburn by a huge margin.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that Bon Jovi who is said to be worth 79 million dollars wants to buy the Buffalo Bills. That’s a good way to earn more money or lose more.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that Federal Law once required the government to quarantine people who came in contact with aliens. Space creatures not the kind the GOP is afraid of these days.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that it is 150 years ago today that the dome on the Capitol building has been completed. CBS News had a real nice story on 60 Minutes about how long the final project took.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that one of the best movies I had never seen turns out to be Alfred Hitchcock’s “Rear Window”. The movie amazes me because the character played by Jimmy Stewart did not want to marry the character played by Grace Kelly. The second thing that amazed me was the writing. Classic Hitchcock.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that female mosquitoes bite while male ones do not.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that on WILK this morning, there was over 100 years of radio experience on the air in the persons of John Webster, Rob Nyehard and Bud Brown. Like vine wine………

16 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer the "spirit" of a college game as opposed to the prissy pros.

The kids are passionate about making their mark. The pros are trying to protect their paycheck and longevity.

"...rather burn out than fade away."

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Pope acts like a caring human being and gets attacked as a Marxist by that great anti drug druggie, phoney Rush. Why is he still around? Because there are really people like him around to agree with him. Look out Rushbo. You no screw with the Pope! If all the good Catholics prayed at once for you to self combust, it could happen.
Hopefully it finally will. This Pope is going to be a man to be reckoned with unless of course the Vatican insiders and bankers knock him off.
No Rush this time youve finally gone after the wrong guy. This one is infallable and you arent!

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Pope George Ringo said...

For me the best part of Rear WIndow was Raymond Burr's performance...several years before he became the iconic Perry Mason. Spoiler Alert: the viewer is kept hanging as to whether Burr did kill his wife.
Burr made a career before Mason of playing the heavy. Some of his best early offerings are Blue Gardenia, in which he played a date rapist; Pitfall, where he played an obsessed stalker who was in love with Scranton native Lizbeth Scott (a Marywood Grad. who is at this posting, still with us); and Your Never too Young, where he trailed Jerry Lewis to retrieve the diamonds he stole.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RUSH MAY NOT BE INFALLABLE BUT HE CERTAINLY IS INFLATABLE!

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed with the continued fascination with the no talent, nothing to admire, slutty Kardashians. I thought it would have run its course by now like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton. I'm old enough to remember the first family famous for being famous, the Gabors, but at least there were a few movies and a successful TV series on their resumes. I don't care how many men they marry, how many kids they have or whether or not they are currently wearing underwear or having plastic surgery. Only fools get involved with this bunch
and sadly Bruce Jenner once a truly great athlete made a complete ass of himself in the offing. They are hard to avoid, but Enough is Enough! A good day for me would be avoiding the Kardashians and throw in Flo the overexposed insurance pitch women.
Its impossible if you turn on the TV or radio or get online to do so however. hank you for ignoring them and sorry to call attention.

Mrs NoMoreMedia
WB PA

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonks-
I have an idea. I dont know what the hell the 85 year old war vet was doing in North Korea in the first place, but the fact that he is being held there really pisses me off. This story seems to be flying under the media radar. I guess its not sexy or interesting enough. Meanwhile,
we dont seem to be any closer to a solution so I've got one. Swap Dennis Rodman for him. Dennis is a wasted citizen and he seems to like it in North Korea with his new best friend the boy king. Maybe he can jumpstart his career there. Perhaps he would volunteer. We damn sure dont need him and he has been around here long enough!
Who needs a loud mouth former basketball player who never could shoot?

Pete

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I hve a great idea. Let's all endorse atty Dennis to replace Phyllis. She would make an outstanding state representative and if she runs, I'll work hard for her

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Hey, I hve a great idea. Let's all endorse atty Dennis to replace Phyllis. She would make an outstanding state representative.
LET'S NOT AND SAY WE DID. JUST WHAT WE NEED, ANOTHER LAWYER.

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Dave, Cartwright is a lawyer and you like him!!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
But Dave, Cartwright is a lawyer and you like him!!
VERY TRUE. BUT CARTWRIGHT CAME TO HIS RACE WITH TWO THINGS. HE HAD VISION AND HE WAS A VIABLE ALTERNATIVE TO A CHOICE JAMMED DOWN OUR THROATS BY GERRYMANDERING. CARTWRIGHT HAD A CAREER OF HIS OWN WHERE IT GAVE HIM THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE. FROM A PERSONAL STANDPOINT, HE NEEDED A CONGRESSIONAL SEAT LIKE HE NEEDED HOLES IN HIS SHOES. MUNDY WAS A GRASS ROOTS PERSON WHO NEVER STRAYED FROM THAT STANCE. I KNOW AS WE SPEAK THE POLITICAL INSIDERS ON THE WEST SIDE ARE TALKING DENNIS UP. AND THAT'S FINE, THAT'S WHAT POLITICIANS DO. BUT TO COMPARE CARTWRIGHT TO ANY LOCAL ATTORNEY WANTING TO MOVE UP IS JUST NOT AN EQUAL COMPARISON.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you read and understand what Limbaugh said. Did you make the effort or is this response automatic? Are you saying the Pope is infallible in EVERYTHING or was this a convenient response?

Please pay attention. I doubt this will help but I'll make the offer.

Keep in mind his philosophy. Considering how we listened to so many drug addict musicians because we thought a good song meant something more, he maintains his philosophy in sobriety.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/11/27/it_s_sad_how_wrong_pope_francis_is_unless_it_s_a_deliberate_mistranslation_by_leftists

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete
Excellent suggestion and a real problem solver. I agree the elderly gent had no business in North Korea,
which is currently being run by a madboy. We could "nuke em all back to the stone age" but I fear they are already there! Bye Bye Dennis.

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:56
I was being sarcastic about the infallibility of the Pope. Of course thats ridiculous. There I made the effort. I hope you are smart enough to understand. Of course I didnt read what Rushbo said. Why would I?
He established himself firmly as a pompous ass long ago. Also I dont understand your reference to musicians and songwriters. Could be me but I just dont think it made sense.
Happy Holidays.

9:25

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Junction said...

Yes Dave Alfred Hitchcock movies are first class even till today. What I like most is watching closely for a cameo apperance of Alfred Hitchcock in many of his movies. Like him coming out of a building in one of his scenes just like being an extra on the set. No one can come near his knowledge on making classic movies.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need a sarcasm font for people who think its obvious.

Commenting on things you don't read harkens back to middle school and this blog has higher standards.

Support the conclusion "pompous ass" because right now I'm thinking you're modeling it for us.

I got the musicians/songwriters reference: believing druggies have insight that was influenced by the drug. Rush has been consistent - on or off the 'influence'.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonk, I'm surprised thayt you are so quick to dismiss Laur Dennis simply because she is an attorney. If membory serves, I think yhou also dismissed Alexandra Kokura when she began her fight for the Pittston DJ seat. Maybe, just maybe you ight want to have an adult conversation with Laura Dennis before you dismiss her, especially when you do it just because she is an attorney. I am very supportive of your site and appreciate the hard work and time you put in but there are times, just like this situation when you simply amaze me. Give the young lady a break and check her out. I'm certain she would give you all the time for you to use your super interviewing abilities to really dig into her abilities and thoughts with regard to the job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home