Sunday, August 24, 2014

The LuLac Edition #2717, August 24th, 2014

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..at the 22 year old cat who was charged with murder and convicted of killing someone at Sherman Hills last year in cold blood. Newspaper reports say he put his hands in his head and said, “I’m only 22”! Did he expect the jury to throw him a parade?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that CityVest decided to hand the Hotel Sterling lot over to the County when the County challenged them on the money being made from parking on the site of the old hotel. Kind of makes you wonder if with CityVest it was just all about the money and nothing else.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that people are not happy with the fact that Hillary Clinton distanced herself from the President on Foreign Policy a bit. Really? Clinton needs to delineate a plan on how to fight the forces that mark my word are coming for us. I think we’ve spent too much time worrying about what certain cultures think about us. We should spend the time on how we should protect ourselves from their rage. They are never going to like us. Plus I think it might be a good thing to torque off the President a bit. It might nudge him into action. Where is he going to go to support a successor? Biden? She should be polite but outline a plan of offense and defense. It will be good for the country and help her win. Clinton was more of a hawk than Obama when she ran in 2008. Politically the time for that was not right, at least for now her views seem in step with what Americans want.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…… a bolt of lightning can reach temperatures hotter than 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit five times hotter than the sun. Plus the city with the largest number of lightning strikes per capita in the U.S. is Clearwater, Florida the spring training home of the Philadelphia Phillies.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that in the last 7 weeks my American Express card has been hacked into twice. In June there was a charge for $495.00 for perfume in Paris and in early August there were more than two hundred dollars in charges for a pharmacy in Lima, Peru. I caught it, American Express did a fraud alert and things are fine. But please check your bills. The cyber scumbags are out there and you shouldn’t be supporting their sorry asses.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that it has not occurred to anyone in the Obama administration that there are recruits from Europe joining ISIS. So far European leaders are doing nothing to stop these madmen. I think it would behoove the U.S, to join forces with a European partner such as German Chancellor Angela Merkel to essentially become the 21st century Churchill in this situation.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that Thomas Jefferson invented the first coat hanger.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that maybe it might have been a good thing that the Obama administration did not rush into Syria. If we had toppled that regime last year, the unintended consequences would have been that we would have aided and abetted ISIS.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….from the “Man am I over reaching department”. AOL reports that Lawyers for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev asked a judge on Friday to dismiss indictments against the Boston Marathon bombing suspect.
Specifically, the lawyers cited an under representation of African-Americans and people over 70 on juries. In Massachusetts, people over the age of 70 can opt out of jury duty. Three meals and a cot and he has the use of all of his limbs. Living the life. Using the system. The system he terrorized.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that I got a friend request on Face book from the Supreme Pontiff himself Pope Francis. How you going to say no to that????!!!
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that the NFL, possessing more money than God wants to charge entertainers to participate in the Half Time show. Are they serious? If I were an entertainer of substance in terms of popularity, I’d say no. You wait, what you will get for a half time show will not be McCartney, the Who, Bruno Mars or Madonna but one of the young upcoming stars on The Voice or American Idol who want to buy their way into fame. I think they should just set up a bunch of Time Life Music Infomercials and take it from there. Or let's go old school!

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that termites eat through wood two times faster when they are listening to rock music.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the magic of the Pittston Tomato Festival continues. Every year I think of the late Val D’Elia who was one of the founders of the great event. Even with some rain yesterday, the big parade down Main Street was a hit. Here’s our friend Karel Zubris in the WILK van waving to the crowds. 
Great job on Fox TV too by Jane Adnonizio and Parade Chair Lori Nocito doing the parade coverage.

2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karel Zubris has left a new comment on your post "The LuLac Edition #2712, August 13th, 2014":

Thanks for the screen shot YONK!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Thanks for the screen shot YONK!
WHAT SCREEN SHOT?? YOU WOULDN'T LET ME IN THE CAR!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home