Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The LuLac Edition #2951, June 17th, 2015

WRITE ON WEDNESDAY
Our “Write On Wednesday” logo

GEORGE BROWN SAYS THANK YOU
George C. Brown on the trail during the spring primary. (Photo: Citizen's Voice)
This week’s “Write On Wednesday” is a letter former Mayoral candidate George Brown wrote to the local newspapers. Brown does not mention his opponents Tony George, Brian Kelly or Darlene Duggins Magdalenski in the letter. But he does thank voters for the chance to serve on Council. This could be Brown’s swan song from politics.
Editor:
I offer my heartfelt thank-you to everyone who supported “OUR” campaign for Wilkes-Barre mayor.
I reference “our” campaign because everyone who believed in me and offered their time or energy in working with my family was as much a part of this campaign as I was.
A very special thank-you goes out to my campaign co-chairs, Maureen Lavelle and Ted Wampole.
I also thank the many campaign volunteers who walked with me, knocking on doors in severe cold and the sweltering heat, the volunteers who stayed committed to our campaign and attended our many meetings that took valuable time away from their families, in addition to my friends and family who worked the polls on May 19.
I also express my appreciation to those of you who took the time to call, email or send cards to me voicing your best wishes and support for the future after the conclusion of the May 19 election. It has been an honor working with everyone over the last few months during this campaign.
It also has been an honor serving the residents of Wilkes-Barre as your District A city councilman.

George C. Brown
Wilkes-Barre


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home