Monday, October 03, 2016

The LuLac Edituion #3313, October 03, 2016


So Saturday night in Pennsylvania Donald Trump mocked Hillary Clinton for her weakness after going to the 911 event with pneumonia. This has to give you an insight into the character of this man. If he can come after Hillary Clinton like this, what would he do with just an average person. Shameful.


He took the legal advantage and no one can blame him. Essentially you blame the GOP Congressional sessions from the last few years that have done nothing to change the loopholes. That Congress was more focused on repealing the Affordable Care Act, voting against gun checks and blocking a Supreme Court nominee.
Let's put this loophole into perspective. Here's an example. As a real estate developer here is what he was allowed to do.
Invest 1 million dollars.
Secure a 98 million dollar loan.
When the business failed, he could take the loss of not only the 1 million he invested BUT the 99 million he borrowed, even though he never paid the loan back.
That is some kind of genius. Evil genius.


Congressman Lou Barletta (Photo: LuLac archives)
Congressman Lou Barletta announced that the City of Hazleton Police Department has been awarded a grant of $614,747 under the Department of Justice’s Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) program. It is a three-year grant for two new full-time officers, covering nearly all salary and benefits. The COPS grant for Hazleton was awarded as part of $119.3 million announced nationally, funding a total of 918 new or rehired officers around the country.
“As a former mayor of Hazleton, I know how difficult it can be to make the budget stretch to fill the need for police officers and increased public safety,” Barletta said. “I am proud to have advocated for the COPS program while mayor and to have supported it since I have been in Congress. Our local police help keep our communities safe, and we must support them in any way we can.”
The COPS program awards grants to hire community policing professionals, develop and test innovative policing strategies, and provide training and technical assistance to community members, local government leaders, and all levels of law enforcement. Since 1994, COPS has invested more than $14 billion to help advance community policing.
Typically, a COPS grant will cover 75 percent of the cost of hiring, training, and equipping police officers, with the locality picking up the remaining 25 percent. In this case, the Hazleton Police Department was granted a waiver and will only have to provide approximately $24,000 in total over the three-year span of the grant.
“In this time of budget uncertainty, a grant like this is extremely helpful as we continue to serve the people of the Hazleton community,” said Jerry Speziale, Hazleton Chief of Police. “We thank Congressman Barletta for all of his efforts to support law enforcement and the people of this area.”


At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Ishmael; sole survivor of the Pequod said...

Dear Captain Ahab,

Obamacare's slow painful death seems more your white wale than Obama's. Those republicans who are in office today, were elected due to their opposition to the ACA; they are doing what they were elected to do. Most people have realized the damage done by the act. In helping a few, it has done harm to the may.

This post is so riddled with typos and inaccuracies it is really sad to read.
The decline in your faculties is becoming more and more apparent. I genuinely feel sorry for you.
What was once a thoughtful informative blog has deteriorated into, at times, nonsensical blather.
For example,to blame Obamacare for Trump's legal ability to not pay taxes, that occurred in the 90s is akin to comparing apples and Gros Michel bananas.
There has been democratic control since that tax year, to place the blame upon the current congress is ludicrous, even if they were able to do anything, their actions would not be retroactive, because Trump really didn't avoid paying taxes. He had deferred refund of what would have been tax over-payment based upon his loss.
Because of the reported loss, the "refund" due him by the federal government, was differed. In essence Trump had given the US treasury an interest free loan.
For wage slaves, the concept of taxes in nothing more than what is withheld in a paycheck and how much they get back after taking every deduction allowable; to those who actually write the government a check quarterly, there is a better understanding of the system. When one pays quarterly estimates, at the end of the year, if money is owed to the federal government, the individual writes a check; if the balance sheet comes out in favor of the individual, the government does NOT write a check, they apply that money to future taxes. Trump did NOT avoid paying taxes, they were paid with money that was owed him due to that loss.


Post a Comment

<< Home