Friday, January 06, 2017

The LuLac Edition #3397, January 6th, 2017

HEALTH CARE IN 2017

My friends on Facebook are blaming their higher premiums they are paying on The Affordable Care Act. One guy who ran for Hazleton City Council (he lost, boy did the city dodge a bullet there!) even put up a photo of his bill and blamed Nancy Pelosi. I retorted that it was the insurance companies that raise the rates.
Today I learned that my prescription drug costs for this year were reduced. These drugs are important because they keep me in neurological remission and enable me to be the same pain in the ass I’ve been for the last decades.
Did I genuflect and thank the President and say he did it? Did I write a thank you letter to all of the Congress people who made the ACA happen?
I did not.
Because they had nothing to do with the decrease.
The insurance carrier my company uses did that. The same carrier also increased my rates for the first time in four years. But I didn’t cry like a little baby because health care is a priority for me. Now I don’t have a sports car that I take to Giant’s Despair every year and I don’t show exotic recipes for the food I make and eat. For me health care is more of a priority so I just pay the bill. Because the perverted and heartless GOP Republicans in Congress poisoned the well for a national Health Care program, it is the cost of doing business and essentially the cost of living. For me that’s a no brainer and a no bitcher.
The Insurance Company was responsible.
Now the GOP wants to repeal Obama care but they say they want to keep pre existing conditions, extension of children on their parents health care until the age of 26 and have equal charges for women. (Uh men, just so you know, the reason why your rates went up is because the coverage for the women increased. Therefore the insurance companies evened it out. Just like my break for the prescription drugs were evened out by my PPO rate increase. One more time, the Insurance companies did that).
But I digress.
As I usually do.
Except on TV when I have 4 minutes and five seconds.
But back to my point, the GOP can’t keep all of the part they like but then get rid of the part they hate which is the mandate. Because the mandate pays for the program with healthier individuals.
Politically they can’t jettison those good things of the ACA because even the dumbest Trump voter will figure that out.
So if they repeal it, how will they pay for it with all of the things the President Elect wants to do?
Hey fellas, let’s not have any credit card deficits which you blamed on President Obama.
Repeal coming up? Ah but at what cost to the fat, happy and habitually ridiculous and morally bankrupt GOP Congressman?

WOLF’S BOMBSHELL

Governor Tom Wolf (Photo: Patriot News)
Governor Tom Wolf announced in a statement today that the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections wants to close five prisons. Wolf has said the money and cuts are needed to improve education and social services. There has been a winnowing process and it appears that a few of the prisons are from this region.
Two of these three will close, they are -- SCI Retreat in Luzerne County, SCI Frackville in Schuylkill County, and SCI Waymart in Wayne County. The most likely one I think will be Retreat.
Senator John Yudichak was livid with hos fellow Democrat saying in a statement to WNEP TV, “"If the governor is saying he's not interested in law an order, he's not interested in public safety, he's not interested in keeping the bad guys off the street, then I'm very concerned," said Yudichak.
Wolf is a gusty guy doing this a year before an expected re-election run. If one of the local ones close, Yudichak who pretty much controls and runs the Democratic party in the Lu will be gunning for the Wolf man.
The decision is set for January 26th, the closures set for July.

BARLETTA TO ATTEND 101ST PENNSYLVANIA FARM SHOW
Congressman Lou Barletta (Photo: LuLac archives)
Congressman Lou Barletta will attend the 101st Pennsylvania Farm Show and participate in a Members of Congress Listening Session on Saturday, January 7, 2016. The listening session, hosted by Rep. Glenn “GT” Thompson (PA-5), will also be attended by Rep. Tom Marino (PA-10), Rep. Mark Amodei (NV-2), and Rep. Michael Conaway (TX-11), who is chairman of the House Agriculture Committee. The event will allow the lawmakers to hear directly from farmers, ranchers, and others involved in agriculture and related industries.
Those attending will in turn be able ask questions and give our local Congressman some relief from the manure he was carrying during the recent election campaign for the President Elect.

GETTING BACK TO WORK???

Millionaire Pat Toomey (Photo: Toomey bunker).
So this guy sends a e mail saying he can’t wait to get back to work in the 115th Congress. Really? Like shirking his Constitutional duty and not even talking to a Supreme Court nominee?
What a pathetic joke this little man is.As well as his party.

8 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's call ObamaCare, The Affordable Care Act, and Health Care what it really is. Health INSURANCE!!!

Now everyone go out and learn what insurance is, what it does, how it works, and why it's necessary. Then and only then will this stupidity end.

Then we list what factors we consider essential and let the insurance industry design the policies and sell them anywhere to anyone. No boundaries.

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lou is harmless. As long as there are vets, there are medals he can give.
Toomey is a wishy washy sad piece of work.
Maybe Trump shall crush him like a bug????

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

8:37PM

You are right on.
Health Care is the hospital. When I was a kid you paid the doctor directly.
Or he billed you.
Insurance companies are just that....THEY INSURE.
They do that to make money.
When there is any way they can charge or deny they will.
When you pay for premiums, you c'mon Trump voters, read this, you pay to be insured.
It's like car insurance but with more of monopoly. There is no Dr. Flo, or Dr. Lizard or whatever the fuck he is.
It's insurance.

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very good read out of what the health care crisis is all about.
As always, on point.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://freetheanimal.com/2017/01/understand-replace-obamacare.html

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the republicans do not get rid of the mandate they wll not be re-elected next time around.
They were elected primarily on getting rid of Obamacare. That is the key issue many voted them in for, if they don't they will be gone
Rand Paul was on one of the talks shows last night and he seemed to have a reasoned plan, but I haven't had a chance to look at it in any detail.
The mandate , or the right to breath tax, is one of the most un-American laws to ever go on the books.
Forcing healthy people to take on an unnecessary expense to carry those who don't take care of themselves is the very foundaton of Marxism

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obamacare s what has driven up premiums, co-pays and deductibles.. It is the covering of pre-existing conditions that has caused a spike in expenditures. It is having to offer insurance at lower rates, and subsides not even close to making up the difference.
The old way may not have covered everyone, but, overall, those covered had less expenses and much better insurance.
It is great your insurance hasn't changed, but many of us who work for smaller companies that can't absorb the costs have been thrown in the exchange system.
Yes, I paid a little less for my monthly premium, but with large co-pays when I had none and from a five hundred dollar deductible to a looming five thousand dollar deductible, I have dropped my insurance and have opted to take my chances.
If I develop a series illness I will simply pay out of pocket where I can, and if needed I will purchase health insurance outside of the exchange. Since I can not be turned down for a pre-existing condition this seems my best bet.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Since I can not be turned down for a pre-existing condition this seems my best bet.

IN RESPONSE

Yeah just wait, that will go away when they repeal it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home