Tuesday, January 02, 2018

The LuLac Edition #3690, January 2nd, 2017

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our "Maybe I'm Amazed" logo

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that as I get older, the more intensely emotional the holiday season gets for me. The memories and days of Christmas past get more vivid and vibrant. I know it’s a tough time for many people but it has been my good fortune to have those great frames of references.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…staying with a holiday note here, I was stunned to see both the NBC and CBS affiliate, (via their respective networks) not carry a New Year’s Eve program. I think WBRE had on a fashion type thing and WYOU had a rerun of a network show. Boy the good old days pretty much don’t exist when it comes to bringing in the New Year anymore. There was Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve on ABC and Steve Harvey on Fox but not to sound like an old fart, the shows just aren’t the same. CNN's effort was a relief without Kathy Griffin and Fox seemed to be doing something too. It seems like it's all up to Cable now. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..but really not, how great Ally Gallo did on New Year’s Eve handling both the news and the weather in one broadcast on WNEP TV. I mean it’s not as if this has never been done before. One time when I was doing Topic A with L.A. Tarone, he did the weather and then shot back to the desk where we were changing opinions.
Another Hazleton native, the late Bill Graham who did weekend news on WBRE during the 70s also did the same thing when pressed.
But back to Gallo, she was pretty much flawless in her presentations.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….but in a grateful way that I paid over $3,000 in out of pocket expenses last year for health care. My plan had a $5,000 deductible and instead of blaming President Obama, or Trump, bitching and moaning about how “unfair” it all is, how the Affordable Care act caused this deductible, how the Affordable Care Act was failing, how it was so onerous for me to pay, instead of doing all that, guess what I did? I paid it. Why? Because putting money into my health care testing is more important than driving an F-150 or whining about how my itty bitty feelings are hurt because I got these bills.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..again on health care, I wonder what THE REPUBLICAN PARTY will do with the more than 10 million people who signed up for that "failing" Obama health care plan? Remember that in addition to the millions that might lose their coverage, an 11 million signed up despite efforts to curtail advertising and funding for outreach.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that we constantly re-elect State Representatives to office that vote against Property Tax Reform. I never believed in being a single issue voter but this is an issue I can certainly embrace solely.I heard a statistic on Frank Andrews show that 44% of Pennsylvanians who pay property taxes are over 60! Time to show these over paid bums the door.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that in Denmark, parents have to select a baby name from a government approved list of 7,000 names. Shit, if you can’t find one in that pile, you better give it up.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that the Trump administration has tried to violate all the Constitutional tenants of the government just because they are being picked on! And the REPUBLICAN party lets them.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that one Congressman in NEPA, Matt Cartwright has actually brought money into his district while those Republican lockstep supporters of President Trump, Barletta and Marino, not so much.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that when you call out REPUBLICANS on Facebook posting non creative memes like “There is no justice in America because Hillary isn’t locked up” or one showing President Obama in a photo urging his hanging, and you call them on it, they say you’re being mean and rude to them.
Fools.

12 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Bluto said...

Funny how the die-hard Trumpers never seem to notice that the TRUMP administration still has brought no charges against Hillary Clinton despite having nearly a year to do so. What does that tell you about what sort of case they have?

Instead, the Trumpers prefer to cast aspersions against her from afar. What a group of cowards!

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, in essence, you wasted money on healthcare premiums last year. What you left out was adding the $3,000.00 to the premiums for the year. That is your actual medical expenditure for the year.

A 5,000.00 dollar deductible was a rare exception prior to Obama's Affordable Care Act.

In the days prior to the act, $500.00 was considered a high deductible. It is an absurdity, especially for people who pay their entire premium out of pocket, to pay all of their health care expenses, in addition to thousands of dollars in premiums, if they do not meet their deductible. Not all people have any money left over, and aren't driving new vehicles, after meeting life's most basic expenses.

Your "Amazed" line shows the ultimate failure of the act - that more people may be insured, but the insurance, in the long run, covers less and costs more.

This isn't about liberal or conservative, republican or democrat - the affordable care act has left more people, even those with insurance, less able to afford care. The prior system, with high risk pools and basic, less expensive major medical plans, actually provided more coverage.

It is sad that you can't see fit to admit to the hardships created by Obama's signature legislative accomplishment.

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just curious, with Corbett gone, and it appears less and less of your readers listening to WILK, do you still have to withhold/edit as many comments as in the past?

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Preznit believes that various people should go to jail but there's no need to bother with an investigation or trial. What does that tell you?

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

So, in essence, you wasted money on healthcare premiums last year.

IN RESPONSE

Not at all. I had numerous tests that would have cost thousands of dollars. If I were irresponsible, and I'm not, that would be a huge debt. I don't believe any insurance is a waste of money. When I started working, I paid nothing. You hear me crying about it like some of the big babies in this area?

In the days prior to the act, $500.00 was considered a high deductible. It is an absurdity, especially for people who pay their entire premium out of pocket, to pay all of their health care expenses, in addition to thousands of dollars in premiums, if they do not meet their deductible.

IN RESPONSE

Yes and a Public Option would have fixed all of that. It's not the ACA, it is the greedy insurance companies with CEO's making millions and even getting million dollar buy outs when they leave.

Your "Amazed" line shows the ultimate failure of the act - that more people may be insured, but the insurance, in the long run, covers less and costs more.

IN RESPONSE

Not a failure. TAHFQ and his administration tried to kill it. More than 10 million people signed up and that participation would have brought costs down. But the boy President who is so jealous of Obama put out a hit on the ACA like the thug he is. But his impotent REPUBLICAN Congress couldn't deliver.

The prior system, with high risk pools and basic, less expensive major medical plans, actually provided more coverage.

IN RESPONSE

And those plan rates were RAISED by the INSURANCE companies not any type of government. The insurance companies were planning to raise rates when the ACA was being debated. Had Obama not been kissing the asses of snakes like Susan Collins and Olympia Snow, he would have seen they'd vote against it. His big failing was he was blamed for pushing the ACA through when he could have rammed the public option through.
By the way, my new health care plan now doesn't cover certain medications I need to pretty much live. You think Obama did that? It was the Insurance companies who made my prior plan UNAVAILABLE. Wasn't Obama, wasn't the ACA but the greedy bastards who spend thousands on hockey game signage and self congratulatory advertising.

It is sad that you can't see fit to admit to the hardships created by Obama's signature legislative accomplishment.

IN RESPONSE

If you think this signature accomplishment is a hardship, wait until you see what comes down the pike from this group of mean spirited bigoted pricks.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Just curious, with Corbett gone, and it appears less and less of your readers listening to WILK, do you still have to withhold/edit as many comments as in the past?

IN RESPONSE

I'll edit what I want and when I want. Those edits were judgement calls on my part.
The recent year where there were many changes at WILK produced a lot of traffic. Some produced good comments, questions and observations that I heard myself.
There were other comments that were not edited, just not run because of my decision to do so.
WILK is not the only topic I edit.
As for your original question, I have tried to edit less but not because of any loss to WILK listeners or readers.
And I don't think they have less listeners. People will bitch and say they won't ever listen again but I'm sure they will.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

The Preznit believes that various people should go to jail but there's no need to bother with an investigation or trial. What does that tell you?

IN RESPONSE

That he's a dictatorial, slime ball bigot man child who picks on people but can't stand to be called out?
Is that it?

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right. My plan which was a PPO went away in favor of one that sucks. That happened because as you correctly stated, the insurance slugs made it so.

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Preznit believes that various people should go to jail but there's no need to bother with an investigation or trial. What does that tell you?" ...

Funny, it also seems to work on the other side of the fence. You get the people on the left saying the Preznit should be impeached right away, but yet, nothing. I guess you need some actual charges that are real before impeachment proceedings can be done.

Seems to me both sides are more than disgusting. I'm getting so tired of all the same bullshit being thrown around by both the left and the right. For God sake, they both need to grow up and get on with things before it seriously tears this country apart. Just saying.

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:29, how are "the people on the left" supposed to impeach Trump when the Democrats are in the minority in the House? Your "both sides do it" argument seems to be just another way to try to equate Trump's professed belief in abusing the criminal justice system with the Democrats' failure to have a House majority.

In addition, some House Democrats believe we should wait for the Russia investigations--Mueller's, especially--to conclude before considering impeachment on that particular basis. I happen to agree. Yes, an argument certainly can be made that we already know enough to impeach Trump now on other grounds. But still, there's no sign that the majority party will support such a move; indeed, it's the Republicans who like to criticize the Democrats for supposedly being impeachment-happy. (Never fail to distinguish the victims from the perpetrators.)

So, we're stuck with the Loser-in-Chief for at least a while longer. Hopefully we'll live long enough to do something about him, starting with the midterms later this year.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonki ... 2018 and you're still an ass!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Yonki ... 2018 and you're still an ass!

IN RESPONSE

That might be true but I'll bet thousands that my life is way better (as well as my vocabulary, c'mon you can do better than a one syllable insult!) better than yours!
God willing, just wait until 2019!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home