Friday, April 13, 2018

The LuLac Edition #3757, April 13th, 2018

13 QUESTIONS

Our “13 Questions” logo.

1. Is it really true a Congressman pulled a gun at a rally in his district?

Yes indeed. Ralph Norman pulled a gun at a meeting with constituents and told the crowd, "I'm not going to be a Gabby Giffords. I don't mind dying, but whoever shoots me better shoot well or I'm shooting back." Can you believe that pig? Must have a small pecker.Plus it's the South, what do you expect?

2. Any thoughts on the Face book Messaging controversy?

Well I never really put my phone number up on the page. I used Messaging to talk to people from work. But they are on their heels given the outcry. Zuckerberg’s testimony in my opinion was a mixed bag but Facebook isn’t going away. I do get concerned when politicians get on their high horses and want to regulate it. Facebook should do that with the bullshit news gullible people believe.

3. How about that Tiffany Trump photo in the Treaty room?
I always said that she got the short shrift from her dad. When all is said and done, this Woman We Love from ’16 will outshine all those other kids from his three marriages and whoever else is out there he spawned.

4. Any reaction to your Martin Luther King Junior post?

Not much. But when I research these pieces, most people read and never comment much. What concerned me was the lack of awareness on the significance of the anniversary. I did not see it but I liked how WNEP went straight to Memphis at 7pm when there was a remembrance of King with bells tolling 39 times.We were grateful to PA LIve for their coverage of it on WBRE TV.

5. How about the President’s claim about caravans coming across the bolder. Where does he get this shit?

He makes the shit up. Or gleans a mountain of that shit from a morsel of fact. Here’s where that came from. There were caravans organized around Easter in past years, and noted that "robberies, rapes and assaults — perpetrated by smugglers, cartel members and Mexican immigration agents — are common. In one incident in 2010. 72 kidnapped migrants were killed by a cartel in northern Mexico." That’s the LAST TIME there was any rapes or murders. Plus they WEREN’T against U.S. citizens. But to hear him spin it, they are invading Phoenixville.

6. Scott Pruitt, environmental savior or crook?

Crook. Small time jerk Okie who got to the big town and acted like a child. Driving around in limos with sirens blaring. Golly!!! Looks at me in duh big city. Scott Pruitt is not only part of the swamp, he is the fertilizer that helps breed it.

7. Have you seen Chappaquiddick yet?

Nope not yet but want to see how the “liberal, Hollywood elite” treat it. The right wing morons will most likely not even bother seeing it because they know all the answers.

8. H.R. McMaster. Saw on TV last week the reception he got as he left. Thoughts?

I think it showed the level of support and respect he engendered when he was in his position. Career personal respect a person who respects them, simple as all that.

9. What was your opinion on Laura Ingraham’s comments on the student David Hogg?

I rarely think of her at all. But since you asked, she was a typical Conservative bully. Then when she gets called on it, whines and blames the left.

10. Why did you pick an Opioid Forum to promote? Is this part of the blog

No it’s part of my work with the Knights of Columbus President John F. Kennedy Council #372 in Pittston. They put me in charge of the Family Committee and since all families, whatever their faith are presented with this challenge, I felt it was something worthwhile and worthy to promote. Plus the help I have received from our moderator Carmen Ambrosino and the presenters is invaluable. Here’s a bit more about it if you care to attend.

11. Do you believe the claim that was made by the local President of the NAACP that children would be left behind at GAR as true?

Absolutely. GAR has had an unfair reputation for a very long time. The fact that those kids there may not have the same opportunities engendered by the tax dollars of all residents is a fact and disgrace. When NAACP President Guerline Laurore said that when she arrived here, she was told GAR stood for “garbage, ashes and rubbish” my personal feeling that comment was made from people who never even spoke to a student or parent from there. Look at the comments in the newspapers and you’ll see what I mean.

12. Pope Francis’ first five years. Better than expected for Roman Catholics?

By and large he re-set the personality of the Papacy. He has become more inclusive in his efforts. He did have a misstep with his Latin American colleagues and Catholics there and has since apologized. To me, he brings a humanity that we’ve rarely seen in Modern Day Popes.

13. Italian Gelato Season. Who ya got, Rita or Josie’s?

Love them both. The Rita’s Black Cherry is incredible. The Josie’s Mango is sublime. Love this time of year.

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That "garbage, ashes and rubbish" saying about GAR was just a saying kids used to repeat well over 60 years ago. All it was, was a dig at the GAR kids from the kids of the other neighborhoods. Meyers and GAR were always formidable enemies in the sports arena. I can remember saying that to the GAR kids when I was a youngster and I'm now almost 70. I think maybe it's context is now entirely different from the original saying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home