Sunday, July 08, 2018

The LuLac Edition #3827, July 8th, 2018

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that as we entered our 243rd year as a country on Wednesday, we have become more divided and unshakeable in our beliefs. The public discourse and debate are not helped by the occupant in the White House who just loves to add fuel to any fire to preserve his base of die hard lemmings who will follow him anyway.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..but thrilled that the last few days the highs have been 96 to 99. I am not a cold weather person. However, I do feel for those who work outside.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that Christopher Columbus brought lemon seeds to America.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that GOP contender Scott Wagner actually thinks Tom Wolf is going to debate him come General Election time. The fact is Wolf will not because as an incumbent he has everything to lose. Also his lead over Wagner right now is quite commanding. So I think you’ll hear Wagner screaming and yelling but it will fall on many deaf ears except those in his own party.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED,…that in the Bahamas there is an uninhabited island there with just swimming pigs. It is called Pig Beach.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that for the first time in 80 years, residents of this region as well as the state could buy their own fireworks and set them off! It’s not bad enough that many around the 4th are drunk some of the time and careless most of the time. Giving them a free pass to set off their own fireworks will keep the ER rooms busy every Fourth.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..here we are staying in the pig mode again, that those animals were banned from traveling on Philadelphia city streets in 1710.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that people seem to be getting their hair on fire about Wilkes Barre being a distressed city. Hey maybe someone should ask the three non profits that are the biggest land owners in town, Commonwealth Health, Wilkes and King’s to kick in more. They utilize city services (especially the drunks from King’s) and should pay more. If you can buy a building as a non profit, you can afford a higher tax contribution.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..but not really, that our President who spouts hate against the Press and says every story that doesn’t jive with his version of reality has said NOTHING about the five shootings at that Maryland newspaper last week. It proves once more that money can’t buy class and grace.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..and really glad that Meghan McCain said she will never forgive President Donald Trump for his public attacks on her father, Sen. John McCain.  Meghan McCain, a co-host of The View, spoke on the President’s persistent attacks on her father at at the Lyndon B. Johnson presidential library in Texas where she was accepting an award on behalf of her father. If I were in that family when McCain's end comes, Trump would be barred from even setting foot near them. 
MAYBE I' M AMAZED…..that football bad boy Jamis Winston has gotten himself in trouble again. Winston once accused of rape but getting away with it because (well it’s Florida justice) was this time in hot water for an alleged groping of an Uber driver. Tampa Bay fans like him but not love him. He has been an okay QB and from what I have read patience with Winston is wearing thin.
MAYBE I'M AMAZED.......getting back to the shooting in Maryland, that Trump denied Annapolis Mayor Gavin Buckley's request to lower American flags to half staff in honor of the fatal shooting of five employees of The Capital Gazette newspaper last week. If you needed more proof that Trump doesn't respect or even like the press, it's this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home