Thursday, September 13, 2018

The LuLac Edition #3875, September 13th, 2018

13 QUESTIONS

Our 13 Questions logo.

1. Who do you think that anonymous source was for The New York Times?

I think it might be Kelly Anne Conway. The language was well crafted, she threw in a few red herrings to have people think it was someone else and when the dust settles, she wants to come out ahead. She is nothing if not opportunistic.

2. How come you were a no show at the Matt Cartwright summer picnic?

A few reasons. Archbald? I mean does he need that much help in the Mid Valley? I did not understand that. A better move would have been in Luzerne County. But hey, I’m done giving his staff advice because they pretty much know nothing about me. All that said, I had a MG Support group meeting scheduled on the same day. Since I’m in remission and doing well, my responsibility was there and not up in Archbald that day.
Besides there’s an old girlfriend up there that’s still gunning for me so it was best I stayed away.

3. Nice tribute to Earl Watson a few weeks ago. Did you have many interactions with him?

No. Just a few in the newsroom when I was on the PR Team at United Way with Frank Pasquini, Susan Jellig and Martina Martin. He was nice but we never really got close.
But like many I was one of the thousands who read his articles every week and enjoying “Rambling With The Baron!
.
4. Dunkin Donuts, you up for Pumpkin coffee?

Jesus no, I’m an Ice Tea guy. Mrs. LuLac has asked me to taste every kind of brew there is from DD and Starbucks, butterscotch, chocolate, whatever, still tastes like coffee no matter what you put on it, in it or run through it.


5. Okay, Tuesday afternoon Sept 4th, Wilkes Barre, right across from Friday's at the light. I saw you with the top down, about 5:25PM. What song was that blaring from the radio?

Ah, “Save Me San Francisco” by Train followed by “Canadian Sunset” by Andy Williams. Check them out.



6. Being an old Slovak boy I would have thought you would have highlighted the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakian in your 50 year editions on 1968?

Forgot it, it’s in the hopper. That’s set to run any day.

7. Do you think your absolute hatred for Donald Trump has hurt your blog?

Nope as a matter of fact it has helped readership. Look no matter what, the lines are drawn. When you have people on the Trump side getting bent out of shape because Diaper Don was attacked by Meghan McCain, and she’s the villain after what he said about her dad’s service, that just tells you there is no talking to them.

8. Where is Mike Lupica from The New York Daily News?

Many people thought he was axed when the Daily News cut staff. His last column was in July and then he was gone. It is the revival of the Sunny Randall detective series that was started by the late best-selling novelist Robert B. Parker. Why he didn’t do a good bye column is anyone’s guess.

9. You’re trapped on an far away island with Kelly Anne Conway and Sarah Huckabee Sanders. What do you do???

Walk into the ocean and thank the Lord for the good life I had.

10. Eagles to repeat this year?

C’mon too early to tell.

11. Do you think you’ll have a more current year in 2019 for your blog feature at the end of the week?

Yeah most likely. We did 1960 this year and that is like ancient history y today's standards. It was fascinating though for me to see the seeds of what is happening today that were planted in that year long ago.

12. Did you ever boycott any product?

No. Maybe if I had buying power in the late 50s and 60s I might have done so with segregationists businesses but it would have to be a very big deal now for me to do that. Besides my experience with people who threaten to boycott something is this: they sooner or later come back after shooting their mouths off. In many cases they don’t understand the nuances of what and why they were boycotting.

13. Favorite new guilty TV pleasure?

Lodge 49 on AMC. Really great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home