The LuLac Edition #5, 778, September 26th, 2026
MAYBE I’M AMAZED
Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo
FOOTBALL EDITION
OHIO STATE
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that The 102,780 person capacity Ohio Stadium, located on campus in Columbus, has been the Buckeyes' home field since 1922.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….The Buckeyes claim nine national championships[3] including seven from the major wire-service selectors: AP Poll or Coaches' Poll. The program has also captured 41 conference championships (2 OAC and 39 Big Ten), 10 division championships, and has compiled 10 undefeated seasons, including six perfect seasons (no losses or ties).
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..Seven players have received the Heisman Trophy (second all-time), with the program holding the distinction of having the only two-time winner (Archie Griffin) of the award.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……As of 2025, the Ohio State football program was valued at $2–2.5 billion,[4][5][6] the highest valuation of any such program in the country. Notable team symbols include the Brutus Buckeye mascot and two fight songs: "Across the Field" and "Buckeye Battle Cry". Ohio State's most important rivalry is with the Michigan Wolverines.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……In 1942, Ohio State lost 22 veteran players to military service as the United States joined World War II, and with a team of mostly sophomores, went on to lose only once in winning its first national championship. Brown accepted a commission in the United States Navy in 1944, ending his coaching run prior to the season..
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….When Paul Brown went into the Navy, he directed his assistant Carroll Widdoes to head the team in his absence. The 1944 team fielded 31 freshmen but went undefeated and untied, including a victory over Paul Brown's Great Lakes Navy team. Ohio State finished second in the national rankings behind Army and Les Horvath became the first Buckeye to be awarded the Heisman Trophy. Also prominent on the 1942–44 teams was the first Buckeye African American star, Bill Willis.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……Wayne Woodrow "Woody" Hayes beat out Paul Brown,[17] among others, to be named head coach on February 18, 1951. He instituted a demanding practice regimen and was both aggressive and vocal in enforcing it, alienating many players accustomed to Fesler's laid-back style.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..the Buckeyes have 11 players in the Football Hall o.f Fame. They are Paul Brown Coach 1967
Jim Parker OT 1973
Lou Groza K 1974
Dante Lavelli End 1975
Bill Willis DT 1977
Sid Gillman Coach 1983
Paul Warfield WR 1983
Dick LeBeau CB 2010
Cris Carter WR 2013
Orlando Pace OT 2016
Randy Gradishar LB 2024
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that in In 2011, a study conducted by Nate Silver of the New York Times, which he described as "not quite scientific," determined that Ohio State had the most fans of any college football team.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home