Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The LuLac Edition #561, Sept. 3rd, 2008


















PHOTO INDEX: LUZERNE COUNTY VICE CHAIR PAUL DEFABO ON THE CONVENTION FLOOR, THE PA. DELEGATION WAVING YELLOW, FORMER GOVERNOR TOM RIDGE AND STATE SENATOR LISA BAKER.

CONVENTION CONFIDENTIAL

OVERVIEW DAY 2

The big highlight of the night was the speech by Senator Joe Lieberman. Lieberman was very effective in looking into the camera and urging independents to vote for McCain.....Michael Taluto of Scranton reports that the people of Minneapolis-St. Paul are just as friendly as the people of Northeastern, PA......The delegates saw a preview of “American Carol” a satirical look at Michael Moore and the liberals. The movie opens on Oct 3, 2008................Former Senator Rick Santorum spoke to the delegation. The former Senator appeared on the Sue Henry Show today and exhibited the passion he's known for. I wonder what would've happened if Santorum made a run for the Presidency........Tuesday night was the beginning to exhibit to the public how Senator McCain is putting county first. The highlight of the night was hearing from great speakers and paying tribute to Presidents Reagan and Bush. Missing was a tribute to the late Gerald Ford who passed away in December of 2006........ Former Senator Fred Thompson also spoke and gave the GOP a full frontal attack on the Obama/Biden ticket....Tonight, Sarah Palin comes to the floor.

STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA

The State Of Pennsylvania public affairs show on WVIA TV begins a new season Thursday night at 7:00PM. Special guests will be former Governor Tom Ridge, State Senator Lisa Baker and Patrick Solano, long time Republican power broker who has been an insider and king maker for decades. Ever wonder how a candidate gets their start and gains traction? They see Pat Solano first. He has flown under the political radar for years but nothing is decided without his input in Republican circles. Bill Kelly hosts a brand new season starting tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved Lieberman's presentation. I am a lifelong democrat who has had it with the party. Not that I was ever slavish about voting the party line. Now that I think on it a bit, I voted against the party more often than I voted for it, especially in Luzerne County. But this is only the second time I cannot bring myself to vote for my party's candidate for the presidency. The first was the lame brained George McGovern. I held my nose and voted for Nixon. We all know how that one turned out. Since then, I have vowed not to vote for someone just to protest the opposition's pick. I'll write in someone if I don't like either candidate.

Fortunately, I have no problem voting for McCain. I admired him long before his first run at the nomination and my respect for him continues to grow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home