Saturday, February 27, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1107, Feb. 27th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: OUR INTERVIEW LOGO.

INTERVIEW

This week we got up with a snow plow truck driver who made some big bucks on the side this week.
Q: How did you get started?
A: In 1978 there was a huge storm in January. Penn Dot put bids out for contractors and the money was good.
Q: Doing it ever since?
A: Yep.
Q: Who do you work for now?
A: I gathered my own list of people.
Q: Okay, can you tell me what that list is?
A: Well I have two municipalities and about 18 businesses. The businesses are easy because they are just parking lots. But the towns are tough especially with little alleys.
Q: Best part of the job?
A: When I can go home.
Q: Worst part?
A: Besides the obvious like the damp and cold the worst part is when people don’t stay off the roads and let us do our jobs.
Q: Is winter your favorite time of year?
A: Hell no. I like the summer.
Q: But you can’t make extra money in the summer plowing. How's that make you feel?
A: I’ll get by. Believe me, I’l get by.

5 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Overall snow plow drivers did a hell of a job and earned their money this time around.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Suzie Creamcheese said...

What does he drive to GET to the snowplow?

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Your bisexual Female Fan said...

Dear Mr. Yonki,
There seems to be a large period of time between posting comments and them actually showing up on your site. I have noticed that there is less and less discussion on your blog. To be honest, my interest is declining in your blog. It was the first place I would check each day and check several times and the last at the end of the day. I think your lack of attention to the site may be it's death knell.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Dear Mr. Yonki,
There seems to be a large period of time between posting comments and them actually showing up on your site. I have noticed that there is less and less discussion on your blog. To be honest, my interest is declining in your blog. It was the first place I would check each day and check several times and the last at the end of the day. I think your lack of attention to the site may be it's death knell.
THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT. HERE'S MY SITUATION, I HAVE STARTED A NEW JOB THAT IS VERY WORK INTENSIVE. I NO LONGER HAVE THE TIME TO CHECK ON THE COMMENTS EVERY FEW HOURS. I'LL DO MY BEST TO GET TO THEM. AND AS FOR COMMENTS, THEY ARE HARD TO PREDICT. THERE ARE DAYS WHEN WE HAVE A LOT, OTHER DAYS A FEW. BUT DEATH KNELL? MAYBE BUT I'LL DIE TRYING TO BRING OPINION, POLITICS AND POP CULTURE TO MY READERS.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Your Bisexual Female Fan said...

Fair enough. Maybe you should lift the moderation and then delete them after. It is kind of a break in the discussion to always have to wait, sometimes up to a day, for a comment to appear and then the topic is kind of passed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home