Saturday, February 20, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1101, Feb. 20th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: OUR INTERVIEW LOGO.

INTERVIEW

I recently talked with an older worker who was laid off from one of those big box stores. She handed out food samples.
Q: How did you find out?

A: They called us in one day. Said see ya. Budget cutbacks.
Q: But the company makes a billion a month.
A: Yeah, tell me about it. I don’t see any of it.
Q: What was your job?
A: I handed out food samples, tried to get people to buy the product.
Q: Did you have any favorites?
A: (Laughing) the easy ones that are self contained. The chilis and soups are tough with the little cups they give you.
Q: Why did you work?
A: To pass the time. My husband is gone 11 years now and I just needed to get out of the house and socialize.
Q: Girlfriends?
A: The married ones are afraid I’ll take their husbands, and my other girlfriends are dead.
Q: So no BFFs?
A: Huh?
Q: Never mind. How about a senior center, they have a lot of activities there don’t they?
A: I suppose but there’s a lot of old people there. I don't want to hang out there.
Q: How old are you?
A: 78.
Q: Oh pardon me.
A: How old are you?
Q: 56.
A: You’re a baby yet.
Q: Thanks.
A: Your welcome.

4 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al Haig is dead. Man did he rise like a rocket thru the ranks to General. Was it the Kissinger connection that got him started?
Old Soldiers do die regardless of what MacArthur said. RIP, General.

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,

Your interviews always give me a laugh. You have a great technique when it comes to asking questions...or a fantastic facility for creative writing. Either way, I love the lady who used to work in tjhe box store. I hope she has some cheese.

:-)

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and I just retired and figured I could become a "greeter" at a big box store. Another career possibility out. Now even my brother in law with the County cant help me. I'm not joking!

Valley Girl/Woman

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

8:25PM....
One of the most maddening things about Yonki is the fact that he talks to everyone. He will ask the most mundane questions of a worker just because he wants to know why they work, what they do, etc. He drove me nuts and apparently is still doing so. The most classic Interview segment was Yonk talking to the Coca A Cola guy. Like who gives a flying turd!!! Oooops, his next stop might be a plumber.
YOUR KOMOTION DATE FROM DURYEA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home