Thursday, May 20, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1187, May 20th, 2010




PHOTO INDEX: THE WYLN TV 35 "LATE EDITION" TEAM, L.A.TARONE, ME AS GUEST, LISA SHUGARTD AND JOE GARBACICK. WHERE COREY O'BRIEN'S SIGNS WERE AT A WILKES BARRE POLLING PLACE AS OPPOSED TO WHERE THE OTHER CANDIDATES SIGNS WERE.

SIGNS SIGNS

A sign that the Corey O’Brien campaign might not go the way that I thought it would came to me when I went to vote in my polling place at the Skilled Nursing Care Home on River Street. As I approached the polling places I saw everybody’s signs. Except O’Briens. Now for many of you who know me, you realize how badly I am with simple directions. If there is an exit to miss, a roundabout way to get to a place, I’m all over it. So I made a wrong turn to the side of the polling place and what do I see propped up against a storage shed? Corey O’Brien signs. Lesson learned: when you buck the organization, they’ll do just about anything to sabotage your efforts. These guys have nothing on Anthony Soprano. Corey O’Brien learned that the hard way.

STATE COMMITTEE ROUNDUP

The Luzerne County State Committee races were pretty interesting. Look at the gap between Steve Urban and the rest of the people. He always outpaces his running mate, even when he has a bunch. And new party leaders like Renita Fennick, Harry Haas and Dave Baloga garnered wins outpacing veterans like Lynette Vilano and Bill Lewis.
Stephen J. Urban (M). . . . . . . 10,240
Linda J. Urban (F) . . . . . . . 8,018
Margaret E. Phillips (F) . . . . . 7,588
Renita Fennick (F) . . . . . . . 7,066
Kathleen M. Dobash (F) . . . . . . 7,054
David Baloga (M) . . . . . . . . 5,667
Harry Haas (M). . . . . . . . . 5,533
Frank J. Mazza III (M) . . . . . . 5,495
Moderno Rossi (M). . . . . . . . 5,081
Bill Lewis (M). . . . . . . . . 4,884
T. Lynette Villano (F) . . . . . . 4,704
Art Bobbouine (M). . . . . . . . 2,340
WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 299
On the Democratic side, some new blood was infused with Tom Shubilla, Rebecca Sammon and Cassandra Coleman winning. Attorney Mike Cefalo and Lisa Gelb most likely pooled from the same block of support while Paul Maher who has been around for 100 years won. But look at the disparity in votes, not a lot.
Michael J. Cefalo (M) . . . . . . 15,005
Thomas M. Shubilla (M) . . . . . . 14,489
Paul J. Maher (M). . . . . . . . 14,014
Lesa Gelb (F) . . . . . . . . . 12,477
Rebecca Sammon (F) . . . . . . . 11,649
Cassandra I. Coleman (F) . . . . . 11,618
John Bolin (M). . . . . . . . . 11,400
Sabrina A. McLaughlin (F) . . . . . 11,305
Jane Waitkus (F) . . . . . . . . 10,435
Lucille Maziarz (F) . . . . . . . 10,120
David J. Popiak Sr. (M). . . . . . 8,835
Michele Mahovich (F). . . . . . . 8,454 W
WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 452

5 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Yonk I went to my poll the other day and witnessed Paul Maher in action. How could the Congressman have someone like this on his pay roll. The man is the rudest guy I have ever seen. He seemed more into getiing himself elected for state comittee. At one point I was walking out and their was a kid handing things out for a canidate running against the Congressmen and he was making rude remarks about the canidate. A Congressmen is an immage of his staff and because of this guy his boss will not get my vote in the fall either will Lou. I think Mr Yonki will get my vote for Congress.

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Urban wins a race but thank goodness he can't cause any damage to the taxpayers from that seat. Poor Art Bobbo received less than half the votes of Vilano who came in ahead of him but Art managed to beat Mr and Mrs Write-In by a substantial number of votes. The rising star of the yound Republicans seems to have stopped rising. Oh well, the Democrats sure need some help so go get um Art.

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to wonder what Mini-Me had to do with those signs being placed out of sight? If Kanjo had a clue, he would ask Mini-Me to please retire right now so that another obsticle would be out of the way for November. I don't think Kanjo has any idea how much Mini-Me anoys people or how many people will vote the other way just to spite Mini-Me.

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not vote for Kanjo and I will not vote for Lou. I can't vote for Kanjo because of Paul Maher the guy is just a complete rude fool. It is classless that a congressional staffer who maked more then 70 grand a year has to stand at a poll and hand out things and make a goof out of himself. If I were the kid and heard Maher making bad things about certain canidates I would have called the authorities and had him thrown out of the poll I dont care if he knows everyone at that poll throw him the hell out. I wonder who I should write in for Congress in November?

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul Maher was spotted at the Brian Kelly election night party drinking his free beer. Man this guy has to go. I will never vote for Kanjorski because of this guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home