Friday, December 24, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1414, Dec. 24th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: BLOG EDITOR AND THE BIG GUY.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

To all of our readers and supporters, we say thanks for reading. Hopefully we’ll be here in 2011 bringing you news and commentary on the political scene. Thanks to all who disagreed, commented and joined us in our TV and radio appearances this year. To those loyal supporters who bought my newest book, “Weather Or Knot” and still purchase copies of my two other previous works, “A Radio Story” and “Legis Vitae”, I say once more, thank you.

ANNOUNCEMENT

With Christmas Eve and Christmas Day falling on Friday and Saturday, our “Maybe I’m Amazed” and “Interview” feature will not appear this week.

NATIVITY ON FACEBOOK

What if FaceBook existed when the Baby Jesus came to town?


CHRISTMAS EVE RECIPE

Mrs. LuLac and I were doing some last minute shopping in Sam’s Club Thursday morning. Picked up some water, batteries as well as some lobster for our Christmas Eve supper. The lobster is part of the story. As we were wondering what big tail to buy, I ran into one of my favorite radio clients from way back, Tom Robinson. Tom was in Development at Penn State Wilkes Barre on the Dallas campus and we spent many a moon going over advertising schedules for the University when I worked at Rock 107 and then later at WARM. Tom in his joking manner inquired as to the size of the lobster tails we were buying. I mentioned to him that this was part of our Christmas Eve ritual and that I required only a bit of lobster. I told him my simple recipe and he had this look in his eyes. Then I got the same look and thanked Tom for inspiring me to share the recipe in this Christmas 2010 Edition of LuLac.
Tom didn’t want any credit but hey, when credit is due, credit is due.
Since childhood our Christmas Eve suppers have been spectacular. Truth be told, I enjoyed them more than our Christmas Day meals. The Christmas Eve supper was always meatless and included perogies, cabbage pie better known “pagach”, sauerkraut, fish, dried peas as well as other meatless delights. As an adult, my Christmas Eve traditions continued when I met the future Mrs. LuLac. Somewhere in the mid 90s I decided to contribute a dish to the Christmas Eve meal effort contributing a dish to ease the work of my sister in law Alexis Edwards. It was a dish I borrowed from my mother in law. Easy to make, elegant in its simplicity, the dish was a winner. It fit right in between the seafood bisque, the perogies, the cabbage and bean dishes as well as the fish. Here is the dish:
LOBSTER IN BUTTER SAUCE
INGREDIENTS
1 pound of butter. (4 sticks)
1 ½ pounds of lobster. (Tail or packaged lobster meat preferred. Don’t try this with fake fish meat).
1 ½ pounds of Barilla (or whatever you choose but I’m a brand name type of guy)
A pinch of sea salt.
THE RECIPE
Boil water.
Put in pasta and boil till al dente.
Saute butter in large sauce pan.
Add lobster pieces. Cook until they are warm but do not over cook.
Empty pasta into strainer.
Add pasta to the mixture of melted butter and lobster.
Mix well so that the butter and lobster permeate the pasta.
Add a pinch of sea salt.
Pack in container and take to your Christmas Eve destination.
Reheat, serve and get ready for the compliments.
Cost: Under $25.00.
Feeds: 6 to 8 people.

CHRISTMAS TUNES






SEE YOU BACK ON THE 26TH.

3 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything sucks just a little less on Christmas Eve. Have a good one.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, Merry Christmas. My cousin and I always liked Hey Santa.

K GIRL

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It was Christmas in Prison and the food was real good, we had turkey and pistols carved out of wood", John Prine.

Merry Christmas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home