Saturday, February 12, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1471, Feb. 12th, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: OUR "INTERVIEW" LOGO.

INTERVIEW

This week as you may know, I’ve been in the Courtroom all week covering the trial of Luzerne County Judge Mark Ciavarella. I didn’t plan on doing it but a few things happened that gave me the opportunity to do so. To be sure there are tons of interesting stories and people in the case. But in the gallery are some interesting people. As they say, sometimes “it’s not about the show….but those who go”.
Q: Why are you here?
A: I’ve been waiting for this a very long time. It is incredible. History making if you will.
Q: Okay but do you have a personal interest, do you know one of the kids that was sent away, anything like that?
A: Nope, never heard about that until the news broke. I am a Law and Order junkie.
Q: Literally?
A: I have a lot of episodes on tape. But my dad worked as a clerk in a Courthouse in Ohio when I was a girl. He did filings for properties, worked with a lot of lawyers. So I got the bug I guess from watching him.
Q: Did that spur you on to a career in law or just an interest?
A: I wanted to become a police woman but it was the early 60s and there wasn’t much opportunity for us gals. So I got married. Met a guy from here on a vacation to the Mountains and wound up here. He worked for Tobyhanna for many years.
Q: But you never lost the interest?
A: After my kids left to go out on their own and Danny (her husband) passed, I just got caught up in all of it. The novels, the stories, the criminal mind.
Q: Do you think the people involved here have a criminal mind?
A: Oh yeah. They all seem to be masters of duplicity.
Q: You’ve been here since day one, I want you to give me a quick, gut reaction on some principles who testified here.
A: Oh my, okay.
Q: Ciavarella.
A: Small, scared, tense.
Q: Powell.
A: Slick.
Q: Moran.
A: Naive. Silly.
Q: Mericle.
A: Torn.
Q: Explain that one.
A: He seems torn between wanting his friend to get off but also seems to know he might have thrown a lot away for friendship.
Q: Judge Kosik.
A: Irascible.
Q: The defense team, first Flora.
A: Frustrated.
Q: Ruzzo.
A: Plodding, a little boring.
Q: The Prosecution.
A: Prepared and their suits fit.
Q: Just like on TV.
A: Right, (giggling). Duhn, Duhn. (Making the signature sound of the Law and Order sounder that is seen and heard on every episode.)
Q: If you were on the jury, which way would you be leaning right now?
A: I can’t say because in all my years of following this stuff, reading, studying it, you never know until everything is in.
Q: You’d have made a hell of a juror. Too bad you live in Lackawanna County!
A: Yeah, then I’d be part of history. Plus I wouldn’t have to buy my own lunch.
Q: Well at least for today you don’t.
A: Thank you. I’ll leave the tip. I brought my purse but I usually carry my money in a FedEx envelope.
Q: Stop.
A: Sorry, couldn’t resist. See you Monday?
Q: Oh yeah. Maybe I can get you on camera to give us your impressions after this is over.
A: That would be nice. “Duhn, duhn”. (Once more making the signature sound of the Law and Order sounder that is seen and heard on every episode.)
Q: Not if you’re going to do that.

2 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonk, with all due respect, I really don't give a crap what the common person has to say! And to think this "feature" and I'm being kind here started with you talking to a Coors Lite chick (who could most likely be your daughter's age and then some if you had any kids) who you found so fascinating. There's a reason why the little guy never gets on the national news, THEY'RE ****ING BORING!!!

 
At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm amazed that people can read LuLac and then make comments that it is %%%%ing boring. WTF? This is a blog, get it? A blog! Yonk can write about his life "inside a pingpong ball" because it is his blog. If your don't like the subject at hand, don't read the damn thing. Personally, I find people who make these stupid comments as being ^^^^ing boring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home