Friday, February 11, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1469, Feb. 11th, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed……..that Papa John’s Pizza was the official pizza of The Super Bowl. Yet here in LuLac land, the franchise could not make a go of it. What was that all about? The pizza was okay for a chain and when I was in radio they were one of my biggest clients. Go figure.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that even the most ardent snow lovers are getting sick and tired of this relentless cold. It not only is chilling but killing.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that not less than a few months after retiring from CNN, Larry King is out on the lecture tour. He’ll be at the Kirby on April 15th. Larry certainly doesn’t need the money but I guess does not want to go quietly into that retirement.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that Attorney Bob Powell who stands about 6 foot 6 could convince courtroom spectators that he was afraid of diminutive in stature Judge Mark Ciavarella. The final part of whether he pulled it off will be when we hear what the jury has to say.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that the cost of an ad on a local TV station for the Super Bowl is $15,000. I remember the days when advertisers thought it was outrageous when Channel 16 was charging $500.00 for their nighttime newscast.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that so many people I have talked to are dissing the performance of the Black Eyed Peas at the Super Bowl. They weren’t McCartney but they weren’t that bad.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..at the number of out of towners who are attending the Ciavarella trial. One guy is keeping a journal for his grandchildren, one woman is writing poems about it and a few Wilkes College grad students are there every day taking copious notes to “see what they could get out of” the learning experience.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that a college baseball coach let actor Charlie Sheen give his team a short pep talk. Sheen’s words of wisdom, “Don’t do crack…drink chocolate milk”. Well, not quite Knute Rockne but it wasn't harmful.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that Mrs. LuLac does not seem to have the same respect and affinity for Brooklyn Decker’s acting skills as I do in her initial offering with Adam Sandler.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that Egypt is 7,000 years old and America is closing in on 245 years. Yet look at the progress we have in our country vs. what is going on there. It demonstrates that freedom really does have its rewards.

4 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm amazed the Civerella's trial seems to focus on Conahan, but Conahan won't be testifying.

Maybe I'm amazed that 2 key witnesses Powel and Mericle claim the other is lying.

Maybe I won't be amazed that reasonable doubt will be established.

 
At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed 5:24pm. When all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised to see Civerella be found not guilty of most, if not all charges.
If he does walk, we only have Steve Corbett to blame. This whole case should have been over years ago, the plea deals were signed. It was Steve Corbett's relentless pounding on the judge that caused him to not accept the plea.

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black Eyed Peas?

Million Dollar Karaoke. Waste of time.

Christine must have come from Gilley's to perform.

 
At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that people can't see through Powell and his dirt bag testimony. The guy is a flat out liar trying to save his fat ass. Put him under a polygraph test and then see what the truth is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home