Friday, February 25, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1490, Feb. 25th, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO. (WEEKLY FRIDAY FEATURE).

MAYBE I'M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed……that India has a bill of rights for cows.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that the guy who got sentenced for selling fake sports memorabilia today says “it’s all behind me, now I can move on with my life!” Uh, doesn’t he have to make a stop at the jail for 18 months?
Maybe I’m Amazed……that Pat Patte got home confinement and that he didn’t lose his business for running a criminal enterprise. Doug Lane lost his radio stations for serious crimes against minors. But that testimony was from years before. But a criminal enterprise is a criminal enterprise, isn’t it?
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that the Shenandoah youths who beat on an illegal immigrant got 9 years a piece and got a break because they were so well thought of by the community.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that the right wing Tea Party people were no shows for the Labor Rally in Scranton the other day. All bluster, no bite.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that no one knows that there were numerous programs in the Obama stimulus package that were actually rejected and tabled by Vice President who in no uncertain terms defunded them. But you never hear about that from anyone. As a matter of fact, Biden’s attention to detail and waste in the Stimulus got him the nickname “Sheriff Joe”.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that no one seems to know when we are going to get out of Afghanistan. As a matter of fact I hear there are generals saying we’ll be there another ten years.
Maybe I’m Amazed….that Rush Limbaugh is making very nasty remarks about Michelle Obama’s figure. I guess Limbaugh is a way better man than the President, the Rushter trades in wives like a geezer trades in Pontiacs every few years. Newer model anyone?
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that my man Governor Ed has not turned up on the tube recently. Rendell was on MSNBC right after he left office but I haven’t seen him for a bit. In the meantime, new Governor Tom Corbett’s new budget is going to be very interesting to see who and what he cuts.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that I seem to be the only person that really likes Godfather 3. You have to love Oscar times, that’s when the old movies are pulled out. Saw two of my favorites this week, “The Best Years Of Our Lives” and “Friendly Persuasion”. And of course “The Godfather” trilogy. Guys can’t resist quoting lines from it.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that so many great comments have come in regarding my latest book, “Weather Or Knot”. Many people have told me that the harsh winter and the regard and/or disregard for weather forecasters has fueled sales. From the shameless self promotion department:

8 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes you wonder who Pat Patte knows and who was betting at his bar. Its like he got no punishment at all.

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Pope George Ringo said...

It's not that Godfather III is a bad movie, it's just that compared to I and II it pales.

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on Godfather III, loved it.

Tea party people are actually working or running their businesses during the week.

As far as Patte and Doug Lane? A little perspective.

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonk, it is very rue that Tea Party people work during the day. But that doesn't make them any more correct. Actually, the Tea Party candidates running for U.S. Senate in the last election saved the Democratic majority in the Senate. So if I were the head of the DNC, I'd be sending out those fruit baskets right about now.
Also, read WEather Or Knot. It is a riot.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, the thing is the FBI needs to understand that this is not like the Godfather 1 in Luzerne County where Clemenza slept in his boxers in a hideout under things died down. In order to rid this area of corruption, the have to keep the petal to the metal. To ease up would be a travesty.

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm amazed that anti-fracking gas bag Kevin Lynn, now works for a gas industry related company, as no less, their spokesperson. You gotta be fucking shitting me.
I know everyone needs a job, but does that mean toss all personal integrity to the side? The only thing that could have been more hypocritical would be if he worked for a Jesuit University. O wait, he did.
Well when the owners at his new place realize what all other of his employers did and fire him, maybe he can get a job at the National Right to Life PAC

 
At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tea Baggers saved the Senate? Guess you don't realize that T-baggers are nothing less than super Republicans on high octane.

Pat Patte was arrested for doing what the state does and how many reading this blog has never made any kind of wager? How do you spell hypocrite?

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as Patt'e sentencing; I'm good with it. With prison space at a premium I would much rather have violent offenders in for full sentences. I am not too concerned with Old Pat attacking my wife, daughters or sisters on the street of Wilkes-Barre one evening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home