Saturday, February 26, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1491, Feb. 26th, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: OUR "INTERVIEW" LOGO.

INTERVIEW

Monday the Adult Basic Program is going away. The program was funded in part by the Blues (Blue Cross/Blue Shield) of Pennsylvania and the state. I talked to someone who is going off that program.
Q: Adult Basic is going away at the end of this month, are you making alternative plans?
A: I’m going to have to. I am extremely frustrated because it took so long to get on it.
Q: How long did it take you to get on?
A: At least 15 months. It was crazy. Then when I got on, I found out they were going to terminate it.
Q: Where do you work and how much do you make if I might ask?
A: What you want to do my taxes?
Q: You wouldn’t want that. No, give me a ballpark figure.
A: I have two jobs. One at a mini mart and the other one in a bakery. Combined I make maybe $325.00 a week.
Q: That’s well within the guidelines.
A: You’re telling me.
Q: Why not go without health care like others seem to do?
A: I was brought up to be a responsible person. I might be poor but I know what I need to do to take care of myself.
Q: Did you vote?
A: Yeah, I voted for Obama primarily because of health care. I’m an American, why should my health care be any different than a rich guys. We both breath the same air, walk the same streets.
Q: Some will say that health care is a privilege, not a right.
A: Well then why did they take my privilege away? What did I do to have that taken away from me? Did I rob a bank? Did I hurt someone? No. I just got on a list that was made for people like me and then the rug was pulled out from under me. Those Blue Crosses have millions, have you seen their fancy offices?
Q: Well I could tell you first hand that most of the offices are pretty spartan. There might be one or two fancy offices but I wasn’t in them. That said, it seems like the Blues Crosses are ducking their responsibilities.
A: Yeah, I never did though.
Q: What’s your plan?
A: I have a Special Care package from them. Weighs a ton.
Q: Yeah they do send out bundles. (Smiling).
A: I have no choice. I have to pay more.
Q: Well the good thing is under the Special Care plan I believe you get 4 doctor’s visits a year with a ten buck co pay, I don’t think you have a deductible and you get your hospitalization covered. So that’s a good thing.
A: Yeah, but I have to pay more. I don’t have more!!! I was paying $36.00 a month. Now I have to pay triple. I am going to have to find that money somewhere. It’s not going to be easy. I used to be worried about being lonely because I’m by myself. But it looks like it’s a blessing.
Q: What would you do if you had a family or a husband?
A: I’d either take the bridge or rob a bank.

7 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually being American means that if someone earns more they can get better. What your subject described is called communism. I am sure Cuba would welcome a defector with open arms.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My spouse is covered at work with a partial contribution set up. I am not covered and have the dreaded pre existing condition situation so I pay to be on her plan. Its about to go up to over $1000.00 a month! Thats about what I currrently take home at my bullshit job. I used to do pretty well, but got downsized twice. Social Financial Rapists like Blue Cross are profiting tremendously. If the American middle class had any balls we'd take to the streets. If the idea is to eliminate the middle class, "mission accomplished!" Are they trying to make us outlaws because if thats so I'm about ready to sign on? Do you know where the James Gang is currently headquarted or the Dillinger bunch?
Maybe they are all execs at Blue Cross now.

 
At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:09 AM ........ spoken like a true asshole! You just keep feeding the notion that we are all equal and we have no need to care for each other. Yep, you're a true Christian!

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never claimed to be a Christian. If you are then you help someone out. I will not sacrifice to take care of anyone else. My responsibility is to provide for myself and my family. If everyone lived their lives that way, what need would there be for government largess and the welfare state?

We are not all equal. Only a person with an IQ below 35 would buy into that stupidity.
We have equal opportunity, not a guarantee of equal results. Equal results and an equal life are all part of the communist manifesto. "From each according to his abilities to each according to their needs." There are a few countries left who follow that, you are free to move there. Stop trying to turn a country of opportunity into a gigantic welfare state.
If I'm an asshole, I can live with that. This asshole doesn't need to feed off the labor and industry of others and if one day I can't take care of myself, then I will go somewhere and die. Like do you think sacrificing will prevent any of us than dying?
I will never take a dime that I didn't earn.
So, you leach, keep living off of the fruit of others labor. Loot from those who have taken chances and earned. Be envious (a deadly sin if I recall) of those whose families were hardworking and were able leave their heirs something.
Continue to be less than a man and leech off of those who make this country run.

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

9:01 - You sound like the same guy who spoke up about the union situation and are a business owner who dumped all his employees and took on all part-time people because you feel you don't owe them anything.
7:09 you're right... he is an asshole!

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

8:58 and 7:09 show the labor force of NEPA. Intelligent dialogue and conversation. I may be an asshole, but I don't need to feed off of others success to feed my family, provide health insurance or get anything else I want.
Enjoy your slavery to the government or employers. I will enjoy by economic freedom
My sale is almost done and each of the folks who took my offer of profit sharing for a decrease salary will now reap six figure buyouts.
If those who couldn't see past their weekly check would have taken me up on it and their free meals, they may have gotten high 5 figure to 6 figure payouts.
Myself I will net the high 7 figures.
Boy it is great being an asshole.
Stay a hater and stay repressed. Keep begging for the government to take care of you and enjoy the bitter musings of Corbett and you will remain downtrodden and feed his ratings.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy are you people gullible. He is exaggerating to prove a point, that people in the Scranton area hate those that succeed, and did he ever prove it. I know the person who has been posting. I am one of the employees who was elevated to management, because we were willing to take his offer. Those of us who took his deal have had very good bonuses each year, his cutting the deadwood increased profits incredibly. Everyone who worked there was offered the same deal, but many chose not to take it. He flew us down to South Carolina this weekend and went over the sale. We will all make out well. He also told us he wanted to invest in a few businesses down there. If any of us wanted, he would make the money investment and we would provide sweat equity and be invested 50/50. And he will take care relocation costs. He is more than fair, and for those of us who were willing to share his risk, we have all become well off.
We have all had a good laugh at your responses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home