Friday, April 08, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1540, April 8th, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED


Maybe I’m Amazed……..
that Donald Trump is being taken seriously as a Presidential candidate. His story tells you just how shallow the GOP field is for 2012. The question is whether Trump will become the Ross Perot or Steve Forbes of the next Presidential cycle.
Maybe I’m Amazed……
that an 8 year old kid is pepper sprayed for horrendous behavior in his classroom. Then the next day, the bad behavior is rewarded by the kid and his mother being interviewed on “The Today Show”.
Maybe I’m Amazed……
that people are saying that Tom Corbett will be a one term Governor. Anything is possible but he has only been in office for less than half a year. If his cuts bring a semblance of a balanced budget and if he doesn’t wind up hurting too many people, his political death and burial is way too premature.
Maybe I’m Amazed……..
that the Pirates are actually getting off to a decent start this year. Equally amazing is the 0-6 start of the BoSox. Many on my Yankee friends had them tabbed as a “better team”.
Maybe I'm Amazed……..
that it took this long for Kirstie Ally to get off of “Dancing With the Stars”. Don’t watch it but I’m told she made a hell of an exit. Tough when the guy literally drops you on the floor.
Maybe I’m Amazed……
that network TV now programs like cable. Networks now have limited run series that last only a few weeks. It’s good quality but limited which I suppose is the point.
Maybe I’m Amazed……
that there are women in this country packing their bags to hang around England and bag themselves a prince. Not to sound sexist here but a Tunkhannock Ten isn’t going to get Prince Harry’s attention.
Maybe I’m
Amazed……..that it took more than 2 decades for Scranton City Controller Roseann Novenbrino to have opposition. She succeeded her late husband Richard in the office and has had many a free ride over the years. Her opponent in the Spring Primary is Marilyn Murphy Holden.

3 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Junction said...

Go Pirates. I hope they are contenders for the top of the division. Not the cellar.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man Dave have you forgotten how good a Tunkhannock Ten is?

Hey girls? Ignore blogger-boy!

Fly Virgin Air and make Harry hungry for a taste of 10.

There are plenty of princes that are tired of English fare.

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please slamming on local women? Come on. For one outside the royalty and money this prince is starting to look as ugly as his father. And his brother Henry, yessh, he makes you look doable.

And let's me real, Diana was one unattractive woman. She had a long face that resembled a horse more than a woman.

If not for their money these people couldn't get your sloppy seconds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home