Thursday, April 21, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1561, April 21st, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: MORELLI FOR COUNTY COUNCIL SIGNAGE AND MEDIA MATTERS LOGO.


MEDIA MATTERS

ECTV

Next week's edition of ECTV Live (Comcast Ch 19) will feature information on
the second annual Penn State Worthington Scranton Children's Health Fair. Co-hosts Judge Tom Munley and David DeCosmo will welcome Mike Evans as their guest. Mr. Evans is a Nursing Instructor at the Scranton campus. The Health Fair, scheduled for Saturday, April 30th., is offered free to the public and will include demonstrations on things like bike safety, healthy eating, and injury prevention to name just a few.
ECTV Live is presented each day at Noon and Midnight on Comcast Ch 19 in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area.

SUNDAY MAGAZINE

This Weekend on Sunday Magazine: Brian Hughes interviews Dr. Joseph Bloomer from the University of Alabama at Birmingham about the diagnosis and treatment of rare diseases. Magic 93’s Frankie in the Morning speaks with Peg Ruddy from the Women’s Resource center on their upcoming Great Chefs 21 fundraiser. 97.9X’s Bone and Rebecca speak with 12 year old Gulnara Sadowski from West Scranton Intermediate School about the letter she wrote to President Obama, and his reply. And an encore of Brian’s interview with Monsignor Joseph Kelly about the St Francis of Assisi Soup Kitchen’s Host For a Day Program. Sunday Magazine, Sunday morning at 5:30am on JR 93.7 & 97BHT, 6am on 97.9X, 6:30am on Magic 93, and 9:30am on WARM 590 AM.

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

This week Shadoe Steele hosts the best in oldies music from the 60s, 70s and 80s with ABC News on the top of the hour. Shadoe's guuest this week is a personal favorite of mine, Lesley Gore.


MORELLI’S MISSIVE

County Council candidate Rick Morelli recently sent some information regarding his candidacy. Morelli is running as a Republican for one of the 11 seats. Morelli penned this letter to the local newspapers: Back in November, the citizens of Luzerne County voted for reform by adopting the new Home Rule Charter in Luzerne County. The next step in moving this county forward is electing the best qualified 11council members to implement this charter effectively so that Luzerne County can get back on the right path. As someone who has been involved with the Home Rule process from day one, I will tell you that the transformation of this new government will not be easy and will not happen overnight. In order for this new government to be successful, it is critical that the best and most qualified candidates be elected to this first and new county council.With 49 people running for the 11 council seats, it will be quite confusing as to who those candidates are for this important job at hand. Unfortunately races with this many candidates turn into popularity contests rather than elections based on experience and ideas. Let’s not let that happen in this election!As one of the candidates running for this office, I ask the voters of Luzerne County to take a good look at my experience, knowledge and track record. As one of the 49 candidates, I am the only candidate who has served on both the Home Rule Study Commission as well as the Home Rule Transition Team. I believe my knowledge and understanding of this Home Rule Charter can help with the difficult transition that will take place in 2012. My degrees and experience in finance (Villanova University – Bachelors Degree., Saint Joseph’s University, Masters Degree) give me the knowledge to handle this $125 million dollar budget and $400 million plus debt that the county is faced to deal with come next year. I have a track record of transparency in government. While serving on the Home Rule Transition Team, I am on record for wanting the names of applicants for county positions be made public. No salary will be accepted for me doing this job, l work for the people! To find out more information on myself and my ideas, please view my website at www.votemorelli.com. I don’t want to ask you for your vote, I want to earn your vote! I would also like to wish all of the other candidates the best of luck with their election bid for Luzerne County Council.
Sincerely,
Rick Morelli
Candidate for Luzerne County Council

RANDY IS DANDY

The Northwest Area School Board went with experience when filling a vacancy on the board. The board returned Randy Tomasacci at a meeting yesterday. The appointment of Tomasacci wasn’t without complaining. When the chair called for a roll call, board member Gina Schwartz voted against Tomasacci. Schwartz said she isn’t against Tomasacci personally, but “told the Times Leader that she preferred the matter to be a public vote rather than a board decision. Tomasacci has been active in the political arena running for State Senator in the 20th District as well as Luzerne County Commissioner.







5 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rick Morelli -- I don’t want to ask you for your vote, I want to earn your vote! -- That statement is as bad as Morelli saying, I was against this Charter but I voted for it! ...... Say What? I think we have had enough of this political double talk. Morelli was asked if he was going to run for the office and remained mum so taking an appointment to the transisiton committee was a bit self serving. As for Morelli saying he knows the Charter because of his service, I have a flash for Morelli, there are some pretty sharp people running the the county council and I think they can and will read the Charter so that they too will understand it. There are many Constitutional lawyers who were not there for its' writting but they have a complete understanding of it. But I do have to say that I am suspect of any candidate who says "I won't take the pay if elected". Give me a break

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOrelli.

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the thought of political signs all over the county reading,
NOrelli ..... now that's a sign I could get behind. I agree with the first poster, if NOrelli was against the Charter, he should have been strong enough to stand and say NO! Instead he was a bannana and stuck with the bunch. Why would he think that the voters would expect anthing different if he is elected? He is too weak to take a position or to fight for what he believes so I say NOrelli.

He won't accept pay if elected, I guess NOrelli knows what he is worth more than we do!

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Republicans! They are a disaster for this country!

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that take on Norelli's stattement that he won't take the pay ...... Only he knows his true worth! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home