Friday, August 12, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1714, August 12th, 2011


PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed………I’m amazed that there was not more national media attending the Ciavarella sentencing Thursday morning. Granted there was a contingent of press there but I would have thought I’d see more.
Maybe I’m Amazed……..that Michele Bachman was asked the question about capitulating to her husband’s wishes as a wife if she becomes President. I give her credit for her answer because I know many a woman who would have cold cocked the questioner and stomped on them. With glee.
Maybe I’m Amazed……..that the idea of a goods tax has not caught on in this country. Taxing what everyone buys, and I’m talking everything will give us enough money to fund whatever the heck we want and then some. This is a consumer driven country. It will work.
Maybe I’m Amazed……….that the President think the Supreme Court is going to uphold his health care bill. Right now it is on target to reach the Court right before the nominating conventions in the 2012 Presidential race. If this bill is killed by the Supreme Court before Election Day 2012, Obama is toast.
Maybe I’m Amazed……….that when L.A. Tarone and I go on the road for Topic A, most people will talk about sports to us than politics. Today we were at Most Precious Blood Church in Hazleton and met many fine folks.
Maybe I’m Amazed……….that there is talk of a Tea Party candidate running as a Republican against Bob Casey in the 2012 Pennsylvania Senate race. It will be interesting to see if the Pro Life crazies recommend that candidate and continue to pummel the perennial Pro Life Casey.
Maybe I’m Amazed……….that the Pittsburgh Pirates have fallen dramatically under .500 since that blown call in a nineteen inning game against the Braves. It was unjust and unfair and I can’t help but think it might have started the slide.
Maybe I’m Amazed……..that even though the conventional wisdom says Newt Gingrich can never win the Republican nomination, after seeing the debate in Iowa last night I think he is the most knowledgeable and formidable intellect this country has today.
Maybe I’m Amazed……….that I’m actually watching a reality show on Fashion design with Mrs. LuLac. Once you get sucked into these things, you can’t get out of them. One thing I noticed though about the relationship between people in their 20s and 50s. When a 50ish person tries to correct a twenty something about an obvious error or wrong historical fact, the twenty something instantly attacks them as says, "She better chill making a big deal about that fact”. Not “thanks, I never knew that”.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that last week AMC had a week of movies dealing with mobsters. Introducing it was Rudy Giuliani former Presidential candidate. Giuliani fought the mob as a U.S. Attorney but this is way out of place.
Maybe I'm Amazed..........that Brave Dan Uglah has this big hitting streak going. Batting around 200 Uggla has hit in over 30 games. On the night of my cancer operation in '08, my hospital roommate and I (he had the same surgery) were watching the All Star Game. That was the game that went 15 inning and Uggla had numerous chances to win it but never could. We most likely were the only 2 sober guys in Wilkes Barre that night seeing the game. The contrarian in me hopes Uggla gets real close to Joltin' Joe. It would drive the purists crazy.

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Close maybe, but 56 is the record, the streak!
Just finished the Mantle book by Jane Leavy. As good as her book on Koufax. And there is a local reference to Mantle Super Fan Frank Martin. Great bio on a terrific ballplayer who lead a dynasty with incredible athletic skill and great physical courage. This Lady is one fine sportswriter.
Wonder who's next?

Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home