Friday, May 11, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2051, May 11th, 2012

"Maybe I'm Amazed" logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED….I’m amazed at the breakdown of the ages of people that have an opinion on Gay marriage. Those over 60 are against it, those under 35 are for it. The latter is understandable since the great majority of people under 35 live with each other before they get married, and if they do eventually get hitched, have their kids in the wedding party! It seems marriage doesn’t mean a whole lot to them. Then there’s the African American community. Most polled are against gay marriage. Their reaction to the President’s stance will be interesting. As Americans of color, will this issue be such a strong deal breaker in the General election that they might hold back their support of Mr. Obama. We’ll find out the answer in places like North Carolina where the black vote gave the President resounding wins in the primary and general elections of 2008. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that it is now 40 years since Title IX has been in operation. This act paved the way for many women athletes to compete and shine on the same collegiate level as men. It is interesting that two female superstars, Mia Ham and Lisa Leslie were born in 1972, the year of Title IX. When I was a student at St. John the Evangelist in Pittston, the women’s basketball team was as entertaining and competent as the men’s teams. Standouts like Anne Tracy, Molly Spohrer and Joanie Baker gave the crowds that gathered at the gym on William Street something to cheer about. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that nearly 10% of all the major leaguers in history have batted against the Rockies Jamie Moyer. Moyer won a ring in ’08 with the Phillies. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that since the invention of the ice resurfacing machine in 1954, more than 10,000 zambonis have been sold by Mr. Frank Zamboni and his clan.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that 5 of the members of the NCAA championship winning team, Kentucky, have made themselves available for the NBA draft.. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that while awaiting sentencing on various financial charges, Lenny Dystra, the former Phillie and Met was pinched for indecent sexual assault while allegedly trying to force a woman to give him a massage. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that some of the Dirty Girl run participants are shocked and dismayed that only a small portion of the money went for breast cancer research. A few lessons here, read the fine print, understand that events like this that aren’t sanctioned by the Komen Foundation aren’t the real deal and get a grip. Breast cancer is not a novelty. It’s not a disease that should be minimized and trivialized or in this case even sexualized. In short, it’s not a girl’s night out. The participants would have been better served by joining the walk “Candy’s Place” has every year. All that dough stays local. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..........that the number 1 or the word one appears on the dollar 16 times. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..........that the peach was the first fruit to be eaten on the moon. And speaking of the moon, how about that spectacular full moon last Saturday night! 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that Wilkes Barre Area School Director Bob Corvoran used his status and public forum to mock Wilkes Barre taxpayer advocate Bob Kadluboski by sporting similar sunglasses as he sat on the dias. Kadluboski had class and was obviously amused but some taxpayers who are sick of paying for low grade education, padded bills (see Anthony Lupas) and huge pensions for retiring administrators were not amused. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……about the cover of Time Magazine this week where a “mom” is shown breastfeeding a four year old boy. No comment except when that little guy grows up, he’s going to have a lot of issues. Just imagine the woman he marries, God bless her with what she will be dealing with. 
MAYBE I'M AMAZED…..that with the death this week of actor George Lindsay, (he was 83), the only main characters left from “The Andy Griffith Show” are Mr. Griffith, Ron Howard and Jim Nabors. The old fishing hole is drying up.

19 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Pope George Ringo said...

Re; gay marriage and the African American community.
I don't think it will alter the black vote towards the President. Rightly or wrongly, they will stand by the President simply because he is one of them.
Look at the huge amount of support Clarence Thomas received from the black community during his controversial nomination process twenty years ago. This was not a man who had many of their interests at heart, yet they supported him.
Look at the ratio when you ask whites vs. blacks whether OJ simpson is guilty...most whites say he is ; most blacks say he isn't.
As I said, they will back Obama. Karl Rove's dirty tricks of 04 with regard to the black community and J. Kerry and the gay issue wont fly this time.

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Junction said...

Sad to see that there are not many of the cast from the Andy Griffith/Mayberry RFD left.
Maybe I'am amazed(Dave)that there are no more citcoms like it. It always had a family/moral values contained in each episode. May we always remember those days of the black & white tv shows.

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Professor Milburn Cleaver, OPA said...

Mr. Yonki,
I too was saddened by the death of Mr. George Lindsay. As you stated in your paper, the fishing hole is getting more quiet, or words to that effect. The Andy Griffith show represented a period where all was just and true in America. THere were no crazy issues to debate. In short, an era of patriotism, heart and home. May he rest in peace.
The business of this classroom moves forward....
Students,
I had planned to lecture this morning on foreign policy, however, in view of the fact that my comments of yesterday concerning gay marriage and the hedonistic homosexual lifestyle brought out such hatred, I feel we can have a teachable moment on this subject.
For the record, I do not detest homosexuals. I feel they are just as qualified to do a job as a heterosexual is. Alexander the Great was a great military tactician---his being gay had nothing to do with it--positive or negative. There are outstanding homosexual doctors, lawyers and Indian Chiefs (you may laugh).
Where I have an issue, if you ingrates are still following me, is with the attempt to portray the lifestyle as normal. It is not.
Those who choose the lifestyle have every right to live it--this is America after all. But they have NO right to inflict it upon me or other Christians or the institutions of which we are reverent.
Let us go back for a moment to the Andy Griffith show. Everyone back then knew, that Gomer was probably gay. In fact, the actor who portrayed him falls under the same guise. However, he didn't flaunt it--he kept it under wraps and certainly did not come to Andy (who was also the Magistrate in the program) with a boyfriend in tow asking to be married!
In short, class, homosexuals have always been amongst us---the difference is, now they want to make what is a strange and upsetting life choice seem "normal" and "acceptable" when in fact it is not.
Again, I have nothing against gays, I just don't wish them to impose their life choice on me. I will not entertain any retorts to this lecture. I will not speak of this subject in this class again. The simple reason being that it makes me.....uncomfortable.
SOmething to think about this morning...
Class Dismissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Bluto said...

So people who support gay mariage just don't care about marriage, eh? It's more like those who oppose gay marriage just don't care about equal rights.

Normal is as normal does.

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! Now the asshole lays down rules! I'll lay off Lulac for awhile until he disappears again. You should entertain the possibility as suggested of limilting his daily comments to occasonal comments like the rest of us self limit. This selfish bastard just pisses me off as he demonstrates whats wrong with America first hand. Admit it or not, Dave, you have been hijacked and a good thing is being ruined by some poor frustrated jerk. I bet he and his "friends" attacked blacks Jews and homosexuals in pre school! He probably draws a welfare check!r

Not a Student

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pope Ringo,

I dont remember the black support of Clarence Thomas. After all he didnt consider himself black and black folks knew it.
Catholics supported Kennedy for the same reason.
I dont think Mormon support will carry much for Williard Mitt!

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Professor Dismissed!!!

Lulac Hijacked!

and its too damn hard to post anyway!

Former regular reader

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Former Regular Reader at 2:21, I certainly hope you don't let this imbecile turn you off to a great blog like LuLac. I, too, wish there was a way to block our esteemed professor, but in the absence of such an option, the trick is to ignore his posts and not let them bother you -- admittedly, some of the stuff he spouts is so ridiculous it practically requires a response, but I sincerely hope you say to continue this conversation about our community.

If Milly Cleaveizzle can pretend to be a professor, then I can pretend to be president. From this point forward, I'm going to begin each post with "My fellow Americans", as though it's a White House address. I think I'll take this moment to thank all of the people who fake-voted for me, and I promise to serve you all well as your fake-president.

Casey

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gomer was Gay on the show?

HIJACKED, YONKI, HIJACKED!
and by a complete moron.

It didnt occur to anyone that Gomer was gay and in fact Jim Nabors came out years later if ever.

HIJACKED, YONKI!!!

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez...some of the emotional responses to the professor's opinion continually shed light on the estrogen content in some of your posters.

Can you folks provide a little bit of logic to your side of the argument? A little more debate and less schoolyard "I hate you, you're stupid" element. It does nothing to promote your stance and merely cements the professors read on your attitude.

I'm open to convincing. I'm sure there are others.

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm Amazed how few people have any anecdotes of growing up with our president.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Jeez...some of the emotional responses to the professor's opinion continually shed light on the estrogen content in some of your posters.
Can you folks provide a little bit of logic to your side of the argument? A little more debate and less schoolyard "I hate you, you're stupid" element. It does nothing to promote your stance and merely cements the professors read on your attitude.
I'm open to convincing. I'm sure there are others.
ME TOO. BUT THEN OF COURSE, I'M BEING HIJACKED.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ola Signor' thees blog ez going to Cuuuba!

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the majority of people 35 and under are not weighed down by the oppression of their predecessors. I also will choose to think that your comments about people under 35 were laced with sarcasm. Because, otherwise, I would have to question your mental fitness to write a blog at all.

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Yonks, your Lulac letter has been hijacked!
And 9:04 the logic is clear. Its not in what the damn fool says its the way he/she says it and the arrogant archaic attitude.
I'm convinced.

Seldom Poster
Occasional Reader

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that we can agree that its tough to promote the traditionist view of marriage when so many in that segment are such poor examples and so many in the other camp have become their own "god".

I hope Yonk keeps the schoolyard lively and class in session.

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tolerate some arrogance for thoughtful content and consistent philosophy from president or professor. Its a small price for this island in such a vacuous world.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time you post you show your bigotry. Here is a teachable moment for you. Since when are homosexuals the only hedonists? The definition of hedonism is not exclusive of any sexual preference. Only a bigot would opine that one persons love for another inflicts something on them. Does your love of yourself or a woman inflict anything on your neighbor or anyone else? I think not. You also write about hou upsetting the gay lifestyle is and how this affect you. Please tell all of this blogs readers when you were told you had to become homosexual or when a mans love for a man or a woman's love for a woman affected you. Does a black mans love of a white woman or a white woman's love or marriage to an Asian man affect you? I wonder if Italians marrying Irish or Christians marrying Jews inflict something or upset you too.

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

9:54
I love words and Vacuous is a really good one and so seldom used.
Also accurate.
Way to go 9:54.

the Writer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home