Monday, December 23, 2013

The LuLac Edition #2568, December 23rd, 2013

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that in the song “Sleigh Ride” the lyric is “friends are calling yoo hoo”. No one I know calls out “yoo hoo”. The last time I heard someone calling “
yoo hoo” was a lady on Thistle Street in Pittston who used to call after the bread vendor, “Yoo hoo, Johnny Wassil”. Now most people say “hey”, even anchors throwing a story to a reporter. Gomer Pyle would be proud. “Hey Andy, hey Barney”,
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that Luzerne County could have received two free Christmas trees for decorations under the dome. Mike Giamber who ran for County Council and has been a frequent participant in weekly Council meetings made the offer. County authorities declined his offer and reportedly a few Council members coughed up dough for the tree. One must wonder why Giamber’s generosity was declined. Did Lawton think he needed to send a bill?
Giamber's trees that he offered to the County. There is no truth to the rumor that someone under the dome named them Urban Senior and Urban Junior.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that when my friend Rob Nyehard was filling in for Steve Corbett this week the subject of the Courthouse manger scene came up. He got some classic texts about that but the best I heard was the next morning at Abe’s on South Main. As I stood in line for my loaded dog on the way to work, I heard two guys at a nearby table say, “The manger scene is great but there’s no Baby Jesus” said the guy facing the window. The guy sitting across from him said, “Yeah I heard Lawton laid him off”. Talk show hosts in training?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………if you give all the 12 gifts in the song the Twelve Days of Christmas, how do you deliver seven swans a swimming? Fed Ex?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………that the official sport of Maryland is jousting. Jousting in Maryland became the official sport in 1962 as a nod to its popularity in colonial times. Reports say the sport took off after the Civil War.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………at the smiles on the animals who plead guilty to committing those murders in Plymouth in 2012, one of them a 15 year old girl. This garbage represents the new face of crime in Luzerne County, fearless and deadly. Then they smile for the cameras after wimping out and not facing a jury of their peers. But I guess it would be impossible for them to get a jury of their peers because there isn’t enough pond scum in the world to make up a jury.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that with half of the members of the House of Lords over the age of 70, how can anyone find 10 "Lords A Leaping" anywhere in Britain.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…… that today a new Sheriff in Luzerne County was named by the Director of Judicial Services and Records. Is it a law man in the mold of Barry Stankus and Carl Zawatski? No, it appears the nominee has a degree in Accounting from LCCC (a fine school) as well as taking a course in Accounting at King’s. Here’s my question, with all the Criminal Justice majors running around in this area, couldn’t they find anyway acquainted with that discipline? Hell, I'd take a double dipping former Police Chief from somewhere. In the meantime, I’m sending my resume to Geisinger to see if I can get a brain surgery gig. Oh wait, their screening and hiring process is a tad more stringent than Luzerne County's.
CORRECTION: The new Sheriff has an associate’s degree in criminal justice and completed both Act 120 police and Act 2 sheriff certifications. He also served a short time as a police officer in Avoca. Source: Times Leader.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that my former coworker George Graham actually played Petula Clark last week on his “Mixed Bag” program. Even more amazing is that Clark at the age of 80 released a new CD or whatever it is they put the music on today.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that it is just days before the debut of the L.A. Tarone Show from 7pm to 9pm on WILK Monday through Friday. Seasons greetings from these three wild and crazy guys.

6 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonki, You need to edit your article....the new Sheriff has a degree in criminal justice plus his certifications for police and sheriff. It's terrible how lies can be put out there for all to see.....

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Yonki,
Was that really you dancing and hopping around on that video? Man, that new hip sure did wonders for you. Merry Christmas, one of the goofs who read your blog.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Yonki, You need to edit your article....the new Sheriff has a degree in criminal justice plus his certifications for police and sheriff.
DONE.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Was that really you dancing and hopping around on that video? Man, that new hip sure did wonders for you.
AND THAT WAS WITH DEAD NIXON AND LIVEWIRE TARONE, IMAGINE IF KATE UPTON WERE THERE, I'D BE DOING CARTWHEELS!!!!
THANK YOU DR. KRYWICKI!!!

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little show was outstanding. My lady said she didn't know your were so talented and light on your feet. I told her she don't now the half of you. Who put that together?

Speaking of amazed, I can't believe that Eileen has teamed up or will team up with Kathy Dobish to cut the budge and force additional lay offs. I understand there are departments such as those who issue passports as well as a few others are so backed up that the employees are having a hard time dealing with the stress of not getting their word done in a timely manner. Do you know that very recently, an employee became so depressed that she actually took her own life? She had told fellow employees how she was feeling but none thought she would go that far. Depression is something that none of us truly understands. This stuff of balancing he county budget on the backs of the employees is so very, very wrong. Lawton has yet to have a serious discussion with the 5 out of 6 unions (Detectives wont) who are willing to work on the give backs. He is only interested in cutting staff and he thinks that makes him a hero. Well, in Luzerne county, pulling the crabs back into the boiling water and making everyone equally miserable is being successful so I guess I should thank Mr Lawton but I just can't bring myself to join the crabs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home