Monday, May 26, 2014

The LuLac Edition #2664, May 26th, 2014

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….that every single time I get close to thinking that yes, maybe the death penalty is cruel and unusual punishment, our region is confronted by another senseless murder with the alleged killer showing no remorse. It is then that I instantly go right back to my stance on capital punishment. Kill the scum. I understand that there have been people executed unjustly and I think there are provisions in the justice system to grant a stay. But this recent murder of a cab driver in Scranton by a sub human loser tears it. Vincent Darbenzio was doing everything right, the father of two, trying to get by and supporting his family. His life was cut short by a senseless act of violence. It wasn’t even a robbery but a petty act by a gangsta wanna bee who shot dead his chauffeur because he couldn’t walk his lazy 16 year old ass to government housing in Scranton.In debt ridden Scranton. Justice should be thorough and in cases where there is room for error, it should be slow. In this case though, justice should be swift and final.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the next shot you see of the alleged killer of the Scranton cab driver will be the little punk all cleaned up, saying he was on drugs and supported by his family and bleeding heart advocates who will tell us how tough this little creep had it growing up. Yeah he had it tough, he had the wherewithal to have a gun (ask the average 16 year what they are packing today!!!) and showed absolutely no remorse. When the court appointed defense attorneys paid for by you and me with our tax dollars starts telling us how sad this thug’s upbringing was, let’s just hope and pray that no one sees through this psychopath’s act. This piece of garbage says he loves his family, he better because they are the only ones who right now can stand his pathetic, cowardly, rotted, evil guts.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that the most no hit team in the history of Major League Baseball are the Philadelphia Phillies The Fightin’s became the latest victim the other night against the Dodgers’ Josh Beckett. It took 14 years for Beckett to get his no hitter and I guess that makes it all the sweeter for him.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that the Pacific Ocean is eight inches higher than the Atlantic Ocean at the Panama Canal. The reason some say is due to the water being less dense on average on the Pacific side and due to the prevailing weather and ocean conditions. Such sea.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that Governor Tom Corbett’s second in command out polled him on primary election day by getting 27,000 more votes. That might get even me to change my thoughts on the Penna. Cycle in terms of Gubernatorial elections.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..speaking of Tom Corbett, how about that Executive order this cat gave to let gas drilling begin on State Park lands?? Are you kidding me? Christmas just keeps coming earlier and earlier for the Tom Wolf for Governor campaign.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that every single day the American people are told to step up for those who are poor. That we are told to step up for the groups the government is supposed to be taking care of. . Fair enough. Volunteerism is good. But last I looked most working Americans pay their taxes. High taxes. Maybe if the government was a tad more efficient, stopped giving money to countries that consistently knife us in the back and managed itself better there might not be a need for everybody to “step up”, Just saying The promise of the Obama administration was to get our own house in order. Still waiting on that one.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that an average of 3 billion cups of tea are consumer daily worldwide.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that Lackawanna County voters defeated Home Rule. I really thought the ad campaign would have a huge impact. But then again as I said on WBRE TV Wednesday morning, maybe they needed a few more tries to accomplish the goal. People complain about their government but are afraid to go over the cliff with any new changes.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….at how much I enjoyed the semi series finale of Made Men. The rest of the episodes of this series finale will be aired in 2015. Robert Morris was written out of the show but went out with a song and dance routine that was reminiscent of his iconic role in “How To Succeed In Business Without Trying”.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….as I wonder just what “The Birthers” who are still convinced President Obama is not a U.S. citizen will do when Texas Senator Ted Cruz, born in Canada runs for President. Bet there will not be a big fuss about that. Those “birthers”, they just hate those Hawaiians!
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that the iconic Indianapolis 500 still has a base of fans in this country. A few dear friends of mine park themselves in front of the TV the Sunday before Memorial Day. It’s their Super Bowl and it was a good one.

2 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once thought I was against the death penalty. Long ago I changed my mind and this little smart ass punk in Scranton is the poster boy for the reason why! Personally I hope the Scranton PD tuned the little shit up some. First a "scare", then a promise followed when he least expects it by one quick bullet to the back of the head is just what he deserves.
Secondly, Yonks, the people of the Lac didnt vote down possible change. We voted down government bought and paid for by Volpe and it was a smart move.
And last, lets hope Corbett keeps doing his best to campaign for Wolf. He might as well lay down in front on the Jeep.

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonki ... Yonki ... Yonki!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home