Monday, November 23, 2015

The LuLac Edition #3074, November 23rd, 2015

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our Maybe I’m Amazed logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that a banner headline in the newspaper this weekend refers to the decline in students getting teacher certificates. Should that be surprising? Why would anyone go for a Teaching Certificate with the nepotism in this area?  Hell the worst offenders are those districts with anti-nepotism policies. In many ways school districts are a closed shop. Unless you know somebody, a job ain’t happening.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that even after all these years, the Santa Parade and the lighting of the Christmas Tree during the holidays is a very big deal. In Wilkes Barre this was Mayor Tom Leighton’s last tree lighting and you can tell it was something he was certainly going to miss.


Here's the Mayor with the First Lady of Wilkes Barre, Patty Leighton.  
Then there were these two. WILK's Karel Zurbris and L.A. Tarone in his Christmas ensemble! There are rumors Vanity Fair wants this look to be featured in their fashion issue. (Photos: Facebook.)
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the people who were screaming about dynasties in the NFL are now seeing such parity that there is a possibility teams with less than .500 records will get into the playoffs. On another note about the NFL, how about both Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning being replaced by backups yesterday!!!!
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that 40 (forty) is the only number where the letters are in alphabetical order.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that for all the screaming about County manager Bob Lawton, he should be given credit for a few things. The County’s credit and bond rating has improved, his department heads have been scandal free and the Courthouse looks pretty good on the outside.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that Ted Cruz is now climbing in the GOP polls. Both Donald Trump and especially Ben Carson have made Cruz an almost reasonable alternative. Not for me but for some of the national GOP.
MAYBE I'M AMAZED…..that the lead story in the Harrisburg Patriot this Sunday was Penn State Football fans complaining about sub par coaching and a bad offense. I’ll give you the offense, the QB can’t seem to hit a TD inside the 15 yard line. But c’mon! James Franklin has only been there a few years. Even Bill O’Brien got a little bit of a pass. Is the new slogan for the Nittany Lions going to be “We Are Impatient!”
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that just when I started getting addicted to Chipotle, there are e coli scares in a few states, even New York. Kind of gives you pause to all those people who say “organics are the only way to go”. Fresh is good but it has to be safe. I’m tempted to go again but every time I suggest it, I get talked out of it. Hope they resolve the issues.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that the top selling NFL jerseys for women are Aaron Rogers first, Luke Keuchly second and Cam Newton Third. Rogers is the number 2 best selling jerseys for men according to Dick’s Sporting Goods.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that the winner of “The Mr. Ugly” contest in Zimbabwe was recently criticized for being too handsome.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that in a recent New Hampshire primary poll where Donald Trump leads, this happens when you throw Mitt Romney into the mix. Romney beats Trump 2 to one. Just saying!

7 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Football has become unwatchable.. 3 1/2 to 4 hours of mediocre play. I really think that if not for fantasy football and the red zone channel, football's popularity would not be at the high it is.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Football has become unwatchable.. 3 1/2 to 4 hours of mediocre play. I really think that if not for fantasy football and the red zone channel, football's popularity would not be at the high it is.

IN RESPONSE

You are correct. I mentioned to my wife Sunday that when I was a kid watching football the game started at 1 and was over by 3.
The Eagles game Sunday was at half time at 2:40PM!!!!

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're amazed that kids still do't want to be teachers because of nepotism? You have got to be kidding. I'm from the 50's and teacher jobs back then were like shopping at Sears. The only exceptin was if your father was on the Board otherwise you paid. Nepotism was a bit of freshair from paying to who you know. Lawton wasn't all bad but his choice of dept heads is horrible. They fire eployees because managers are not held responsible. Do you remember the guy that was fired becvuase he job wasn't done while he was on vacation so it was his fault, not the finance manager? Mistgake after mistake and employees take the blame. Sorry but Lawton did do some good things but his hiring was not among them.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that they allow LA to walk around looking like he does. I thought nothing could outdo his voice but hit outfit even beats his screach. to be fair, I actually like it.

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about being amazed, I can't believe that there was not even one comment of the JFK anniversary. WOW, how soon we forget.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

I'm amazed that they allow LA to walk around looking like he does. I thought nothing could outdo his voice but hit outfit even beats his screach. to be fair, I actually like it.

IN RESPONSE

He has a wardrobe that is incredible. We actually one wore the same green pants on a TV show on WYLN.
It's a look. And if it works, great.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Talk about being amazed, I can't believe that there was not even one comment of the JFK anniversary. WOW, how soon we forget.

IN RESPONSE

In the previous edition we did bring up the JFK anniversary but I'm afraid he has become our parent's FDR as many of us have become our parents in terms of age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home