Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The LuLac Edition #3095, December 23rd, 2015

WRITE ON WEDNESDAY

Our “Write On Wednesday logo 

A VIEW OF THE COURTHOUSE 

This week’s “Write On Wednesday” features a letter and a few photos from Mike Giamber who has been in the forefront of the formation of the Luzerne County Council. He has a passion for Government as well as the Courthouse itself. Here is his letter:
Madam Chair, Council Member,
While standing outside the Court House Jury Room, in a small cordoned off area waiting for my instructions for Jury duty, I took a moment to admire our Court house - what I consider to be an architectural masterpiece. I believe our Court House is in a serious state of disrepair, more than you know. Having walked much of the facility I am taken aback at what I consider may to be the beginning of an unnecessary monumental ruin that will be remembered poorly by future generations. As with many of our other historic monuments, Sterling Hotel, Irem Temple, Train Station, and so on, the court house is slowing dying from neglect.
I implore council to take charge. Reach out for help. Consider budgeting for a complete facility assessment study of the County Court House and other county owned properties. If done right. I assure you – you will understand the depth of the problem.
PS Council cannot give the County Court House away, as was done with our parks. This problem will have to dealt with in a more direct manner.

Respectfully,


Michael Giamber   
 

3 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. No concern for our heritage by people who blast CEO's, asset managers, and stock market traders as not looking at the long term.
The courthouse decay is a metaphor for the county. Sad because the decay has been years in the making...and we allowed it. We suck.

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike, I really don't care about the ****ing court house. I 'm trying to figure out how to put dinner o the table this week, and I am clueless as what I will do when the cold temperatures finally get here and I need to keep my family warm.

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you ought to look at how your ancestors handled similar problems. How about your mom and dad? Learn anything from them? Don't allow yourself to be paralyzed. How do you think Detroit started. The poster who made the decay metaphor was right. Don't let personal decay set in. It's a New Year, make a move forward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home