Tuesday, April 21, 2020

The LuLac Edition #4,266, April 21st, 2020

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that even in Pennsylvania, the people who are complaining about “their freedoms” are protesting in Harrisburg saying that they re “patriots. Again the GOP right uses that label to give you the impression that sensible people staying home and not infecting people are not patriots. Look, I’m all for free speech and protest. Hell, I belong to the NAACP which protested its way to freedom for black folks in the 60s. But c’mon, you are risking the lives of others for your affection for your god and savior, Donald J. Trump and your pointless need to be heard at the expense of others. 
Take a look at these two beauts, especially the last one who can't even spell the name of the state she's in! 

MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that an “immaculate” inning is when a pitcher strikes out three batters with only 9 pitches. Ninety-three different pitchers have struck out three batters on nine consecutive pitches in a half-inning of a Major League Baseball (MLB) game as of September 2019, the most recent being Will Harris of the Houston Astros on September 27, 2019. Seven have accomplished the feat more than once in their career, and no player has ever struck out four batters on twelve pitches in an inning.John Clarkson was the first player to strike out three batters on nine pitches, doing so in the third inning for the Boston Beaneaters against the Philadelphia Quakers on June 4, 1889.
Of the 93 pitchers who have accomplished the feat, 71 were right-handed and 22 left-handed. Eight of these (including five active pitchers) have played for only one major league team. Four—Bob Gibson, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martínez and Nolan Ryan—are also members of the 3,000 strikeout club.Sloppy Thurston, Ryan, Wade Miley, and Thomas Pannone are the only rookies to have attained the milestones. Ryan struck out three batters on nine pitches in the American League and National League, becoming the first player to achieve the feat in both. Danny Jackson is the sole player to pitch an immaculate inning in the World Series.
Sandy Koufax is the only Hall of Fame pitcher to have three immaculate innings.(wikipedia, LuLac)
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..but not that one of the Trump/anti Distancing protesters in Ohio who called the Governor there every name in the book passed away. People pass away every day, right? Well this one who declared the Coronavirus a “hoax’, died of it. John W. McDaniel, 60, passed away last Wednesday in Columbus — exactly a month after reportedly firing off a series of angry messages about the contagion.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….. …..that flying fish leap out of the water at more than 20 miles per hour and glide for more than 500 feet.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that there are now people who want to fire Dr. Fauci. Well it turns out that the good Doctor is finding out what “shooting the messenger” means. Anyone who speaks the hard truth to Trump-ites either needs to be fired, locked up or marginalized by insults. What’s next, death? Oh I’m sure some have gone there.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that the word “purple” does not rhyme with any other word in the English language. Unless of course you’re a song writer who uses purple to rhyme with murple using it as a substitute for Maple.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that there is not only a whispering campaign but a downright shouting campaign against Dr. Rachel Levine given her personal lifestyle choice. Again, these are the ever so “Christian’ people who once again impose their values on people who make individual choices. Anyone who makes a decision like that doesn’t make it lightly because they know the consequences from the bigots among us. The kicker is these people wouldn’t even have a clue who the good Doctor was if this Coronavirus thing didn’t come up.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….. mosquitoes are attracted to people who have recently eaten bananas. How about if you were “made bananas” by falling in love? Hit it Guy Marks!

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…and a little chagrined that I did not get to pay proper homage to the late John Prine, a victim of the Covid-19 virus. I first became familiar with Prine when I was a newsman for George Graham on “Mixed Bag” and when I was working at WRKC FM, the college radio station of King’s. Here are a few of my favorites, the first two I think I can actually sing by heart. If you ever see me on the street, just ask me.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home